What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final and its phsycological impact on sharks

Madsharkie

First Grade
millersnose said:
frankly i was hapier when we were winning most of our games

i dont know how much more of this new culture i can endure

Couldn't agree more Millers. I have supported Ando in the past, but he simply keeps letting us down (like the current saga with his son) :roll: . It might just be easier to cut our losses and let Raper have a shot. I for one would certainly be more confident when next season starts if that were to happen.

imasharkie

Coach
Madsharkie said:
millersnose said:
frankly i was hapier when we were winning most of our games

i dont know how much more of this new culture i can endure

Couldn't agree more Millers. I have supported Ando in the past, but he simply keeps letting us down (like the current saga with his son) :roll: . It might just be easier to cut our losses and let Raper have a shot. I for one would certainly be more confident when next season starts if that were to happen.
You all forget some of our star players have get out clauses in their contracts if ando goes

millersnose

Post Whore
blueboatboy2 said:
You all forget some of our star players have get out clauses in their contracts if ando goes

good point

but if the most current "news" is true and anderson does leave - will he still be the attractive prospect to young players?

if this goes as some suggest it would be unlikely that ando will be retained as australian coach - in fact if the nepotism claims bear fruit he would be hard pressed getting another 1st grade gig

maybe we will loose a player or 2

how many have we lost so far?

husky65

Juniors
millersnose said:
if the panthers win well.....

but more importantly than that if lang is able to grab the big one in his 2nd season at penrith there will be an air of supernatural dread about the sharks

Of course another interpretation would be that Lang could have won it at the sharks if he had been prepared to clear out the dead wood and replace them with highly motivated players.

Which would be something of a confirmation of the Anderson stance, if not neccessarily the execution.

It just goes to show you can read almost anything you like into a hypothetical Penrith win (which won't happen).

dannyboy

Juniors
Why should Penrith winning have an affect on Cronulla except for those that live in "yesterday" world & fool themselves into believing that if only the Sharks had retained Campbell & the Langs that it'd be the Sharks in the GF not the Panthers

Granted, Penrith have a couple of ex Sharks playing for them but I have never seen the likes of Gower, Wesser, Girdler, Galuvao, Puletua, Priddis etc etc donning a Sharks jersey. Dont you think that the afore mentioned players had just as much to do with the Panthers success this year than Campbell & Pa & Son Lang?

Every year players & coaches change teams for one reason or another. Sometimes they star at their new location & sometimes they flop too.

The Sharks had a crap year but we blooded a lot of newbies along e way too. We're a bunch of footy fans that are used to seeing the Sharks feature in the finals regularly over the last decade but have we ever seen them in the GF (aside from Super League)??? Yippee...the Sharks finished 4th this year. Yippee...the Sharks missed the GF by one match. Sorry but I don't hear that being said on a regular basis.

At the end of the day there is only ever two teams in the GF (and only one winner). Teams finishing 3rd or 13th both have to wait until next year.

Build a bloody bridge & get over it....I'm sure that's what the players are doing.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

cheese

Bench
Good article griefman....

Sharks pissy little leagues club is hardly a building block for such a statement though, especially when you compare it to the juggernaut that the penrith leagues club is......

As much as i'd like to think they would .......i cant imagine any coach going into a premiershipless club and saying such a statement ......