What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Details - Post information and requests here

Martli here- just thought i'd take over this post to use for Grand Final information.

Getting Tickets

The Warriors and Manly Sea Eagles will contest the 2011 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final and on Monday Ticketed members of both clubs will have first access to the final release of approximately 14,000 NRL Grand Final tickets from 10am.

Sale Conditions for all Tickets
All tickets booked online during the exclusive buying windows can be emailed by selecting the ezyTicket delivery method or can be collected from Ticketek outlets.

Ticketed NRL Club Members not using the online system must quote their Advantage Access Number at selected Ticketek outlets in order to purchase tickets during the exclusive buying windows. Sales will be permitted by telephone if paid for by credit card, but members must quote their AAN.

Ticketed Members of the Sea Eagles and Warriors can purchase two tickets per membership. NRL.com and Non-Ticketed Members can purchase two tickets while members of the public can purchase up to eight tickets.

NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final tickets include travel to and from the match on CityRail trains, the Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Bus Services, regular Sydney Buses and Sydney Ferries services.

The ticket is not valid on Sydney Buses premium services such as the Sydney Explorer and Bondi Explorer, Sydney Ferries Manly JetCat service, private buses and ferries, CountryLink trains, Metro Light Rail or Monorail, T-Ways.

An additional station access fee applies for travel on the Green Square, Mascot, Domestic and International stations on the Airport Line.

Without prior written consent of Ticketek and the NRL, tickets can’t be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promoting or any other commercial purposes or to enhance the demand for other goods and services. Tickets can be cancelled without a refund and the person refused entry if a ticket is sold or used in breach of the conditions.

New Zealand Ticket Sales
Customers in New Zealand can purchase tickets by calling the Ticketek New Zealand Call Centre on 0800 842 538 and asking for Australian bookings, or via the Australian Ticketek website www.ticketek.com.au.

Source

I'm not entirely up to speed with the AAN number business. By the sounds of it it should have been e-mailed to you at some point and you should receive your AAN number in an e-mail this weekend. If not then it may be useful to e-mail the NRL before the 10am opening (I had to do this for the nrl.com member pre-sale and they were pretty quick to respond).

For those of us who aren't ticketed members, you'll have to try get tickets on Tuesday and hope they don't get all snapped up on Monday.

Cheap Flights
Coming soon. Please post any suggestions in this thread! Of course make sure to check the obvious options like Air NZ and Jetstar

Cheap Accomodation
Coming soon. Please post any suggestions in this thread, especially if you've got a spare room going!

Grand Final Day Schedule
11:45am Gates Open
12:00pm NSW Cup Grand Final - Teams yet to be determined
2:00pm Toyota Cup Grand Final - Warriors v North Queensland Cowboys
4:35pm Presentation to Retiring Players and 300-Game Player Nathan Hindmarsh
4:45pm Trophy Delivery
4:50pm Pre-game Entertainment
5.12pm Teams Entry
5.14pm National Anthem
5.15pm Kick-off NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final - Manly Sea Eagles v Warriors
7:00pm Post-game Presentation followed by lap of honour

Time is obiously AEST

Source

Any more info feel free to post and I will add it to this post here.

Roll Call
If you're going let us know and I'll make a list of those who are going.

Extra info:
http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-The-Monday-ticket-release?page=2 (Thanks Beaver's Headgear) outlining some of the details around ticket purchases.

See you there!

P.S. Sorry for taking over this post, just thought it'd make sense to keep conversation in one thread. Original Post here:
Tickets I need tickets!:sarcasm:

Wait for 8pm Monday from ticketek or buy a 1night package?

Luckly live in Aus, as flights out of Auckland arn't cheap if you just doing the weekend ($500 one way). Mid week is the best.
Wellington is much cheaper ($500 return).

Any ideas where post match gathering would be? (Win or lose)

Last edited by a moderator:

devoid

Juniors
Airfares sorted - will queue up for tix on Monday... Tonnes of tickets on ebay - look pricey though.

JoeD

First Grade
Quick question from the link provided

Ticketed NRL Club Members not using the online system must quote their Advantage Access Number at selected Ticketek outlets in order to purchase tickets during the exclusive buying windows. Sales will be permitted by telephone if paid for by credit card, but members must quote their AAN.

WTF is my AAN? never heard of such a thing. Doesnt mention it under NZ sales though mybe we dont need it?

LeagueNut

First Grade
I think we were all sent an AAN number in the post earlier in the year, but the club also emails it to you when they're sending you stuff about "priority ticket windows".

JoeD

First Grade
Ticketek are f**kin oosless. First they tell me tickets go on sale 8pm Monday (oz time) then they tell me my AAN number is on my season ticket. Both are wrong as far as I can tell. When I point out the more sensible ticket release time as per the NRL website she gets confused and can't help. When I ask what an AAN number looks like on my season ticket she says it's a 16 digit number. Of course there is no 16 digit number on my ticket. When I point this out she goes away and comes back with "the club will email you your AAN number" and if I have any more queries I should talk directly with the warriors. The other bit of info I got was that you can't buy directly from an outlet in nz. U have to ring up or use the Internet.

Rant over.

ozenzud

Juniors
I dunno whether the release of tickets is for club members only, but I bought tickets (with some forward vision) shortly after they went on sale on Ticketek. I set up a ticketek account, using my brothers address in Oz. Then they emailed the tickets to me in Nuu Zulund. I can't believe the warriors are actually in the GF!

Martli

Coach
I think it'd be a good idea to have this thread set-up as an information hub for people wanting information on the GF. I will update the main post with information as it becomes available. Feel free to post good flight deals, any good accommodation info etc and I'll add it all in (Feel free to add stuff youself too Philip_Smith007). Also if we can get some clarity around ticket purchases etc. that'd also be good.

Cheers guys!

Leaguelass

Juniors
Is anyone on here that is a season ticket holder and will not be getting tickets to the GF that can give me the details I need to get tickets. I now live in Brissy but have supported the Warriors since day 1 - was a season ticket holder when I lived in Auckland - don't post often but read this forum all time. Went to the GF in 2002 and really want to be there again so if anyone can help it would be really appreciated. I need to try and get 3 tickets.
Really proud of the boys - I'm still buzzing after their performance last night - awesome!!!

If ya check out the grand final link and the nrl link in there ya can only get two tickets with the pre purchase anyway. Looks like ya can only get more than two tickets when they go on general sale on Tuesday with a limit of 8 tickets then.

Leaguelass

Juniors
OK all this info is good but looks like you need to be a member/season ticket holder to get first shot at tickets - why didn't I take and overseas membership????? Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Yep I'm wondering about EBay - don't want to end up with a dodgy ticket.
Also anyone know anything about a website www ticketfinders.com.au - can't post the link it won't let me. They have tickets for sale - pricey though but is it a genuine site?

Juju

Juniors
I'll be there. Flights sorted. AAN code sorted.
Worried about tickets but we should be okay you would think (*praying)

Need a good cheap hotel now.

Latest posts