What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Details - Post information and requests here

Scott

Bench
I'll be there. Flights sorted. AAN code sorted.
Worried about tickets but we should be okay you would think (*praying)

Need a good cheap hotel now.

x2
Obviously need game tickets - any help greatly appreciated.

I'd watch ebay because of the below.

Without prior written consent of Ticketek and the NRL, tickets can’t be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promoting or any other commercial purposes or to enhance the demand for other goods and services. Tickets can be cancelled without a refund and the person refused entry if a ticket is sold or used in breach of the conditions.

http://www.nrl.com/2011-telstra-pre...rmation/tabid/10874/newsid/64972/default.aspx

Especially since they normally tell you the bay and row etc.

Dragons fans selling tickets via PM could be a go?
But you would want photos or something.
How could this be done amicably so no one gets ripped off or scammed?
eg how would you know the tickets will work when you get to the gate?

I'll be there. Flights sorted. AAN code sorted.
Worried about tickets but we should be okay you would think (*praying)

Need a good cheap hotel now.

Formula 1 is probably the cheapest.

Do you need any secrets with your AAN? eg your date of birth, or your name on the credit card matching to members pass?

joshie

Live Update Team
Looking for one ticket, will pay more if need, no print offs :) please PM or reply! Thanks

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'd watch ebay because of the below.

Without prior written consent of Ticketek and the NRL, tickets can’t be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promoting or any other commercial purposes or to enhance the demand for other goods and services. Tickets can be cancelled without a refund and the person refused entry if a ticket is sold or used in breach of the conditions.

http://www.nrl.com/2011-telstra-pre...rmation/tabid/10874/newsid/64972/default.aspx

Especially since they normally tell you the bay and row etc.

Dragons fans selling tickets via PM could be a go?
But you would want photos or something.
How could this be done amicably so no one gets ripped off or scammed?
eg how would you know the tickets will work when you get to the gate?

Thats the key bit there- if someone is selling their ticket at cost it's not breaching the terms of sale. Ticketek and the NRL don;t have a problem with people on-selling unwanted tickets, what they do have a problem with is people buying tickets explicitly to on-sell at a profit (scalping). Hence the rules.

Juju

Juniors
Formula 1 is probably the cheapest.

Do you need any secrets with your AAN? eg your date of birth, or your name on the credit card matching to members pass?

Pretty sure you just need the code, I'm taking my members laminate with me to ticketek though. The codes are unique to your membership though they have the first 3 letters of your name in them.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
How likely do you guys reckon it will be that the GF sells out before the purchasding window for non-ticketed members and nrl.com members opens on Monday night? I was planning on grabbing my tickets online then. nrl.com membership is a free sign-up, I reckon it would be a good idea to at least sign up for that now so you get access monday night if nothing else.

I guess the only way to know is asking previous unsuspecting grandfinalist fans, maybe Eels?

As NRL states there are 14000 left to release, these may not be all cat 1?
So if members can only buy 2 tickets each then there only needs to be 7000 members who have not got tickets to exhaust supply.

Manly was expecting to make the grand final. So that may play in non-members favour in some way.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I guess the only way to know is asking previous unsuspecting grandfinalist fans, maybe Eels?

As NRL states there are 14000 left to release, these may not be all cat 1?
So if members can only buy 2 tickets each then there only needs to be 7000 members who have not got tickets to exhaust supply.

Manly was expecting to make the grand final. So that may play in non-members favour in some way.

I'd say the fact that the Warriors are the other team and will have comparatively low demand from members (as a lot of them won't be able to make the trip across the ditch) may mean more non-member allocation too. I seem to remember getting tickets for the '02 final wasn't a drama and we didn't buy until after we beat the Sharks to make the GF.
Would've been a different story if the opponents were the Dragons/Dogs/Eels/Tigers though.

Taniwha

Juniors
got flights (thursday morning fly out back tues night) with insurance, car rental and game tickets for $1100 no accomodation as yet just gonna wing it! so bloody worth it! rugby world what?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
do club members get an option to category 1 tickets?

The info from the Manly member person was that the Cat 1 tickets are very limited, and if you get 1 buy a lotto ticket. the cat 2 tickets available will mostly be on halfway, but up the top of the stands. Other tickets will be in the corners and behind the sticks, hope that helps

I have been to the last 4, have had seats all around cat 1 and 2, and all of them were ok. You are really high up though for those cat 2 ones, and if your team wins then it can suck being up there while the team does the lap of honour

I have been to the last 4, have had seats all around cat 1 and 2, and all of them were ok. You are really high up though for those cat 2 ones, and if your team wins then it can suck being up there while the team does the lap of honour

Surely you can move down, you might not get front row, as that would be taken up by people getting the front row tickets.

Will there be a supporters zone?

Martli

Coach
Surely you can move down, you might not get front row, as that would be taken up by people getting the front row tickets.

Will there be a supporters zone?

You can't really move down because they separate you out. Might be different at the end of the game I guess, but I tried to go meet someone down a level and wasn't able to get passed security (a pregnant girl none-the-less :lol:)

devoid

Juniors
I was under the impression there would be supporters bays reserved - it looked like it last year at the GF. Maybe this is incorrect?

Latest posts