What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand final halves- who's better ?

Who are the better halves ?

• The Manly halves

Votes: 63 61.8%
  • The Warrior halves.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • DCE is better than Johnson, but Maloney is better than Foran

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Foran is better than Maloney, but Johnson is better than DCE

Votes: 11 10.8%

• Total voters
DCE will cost manly the grand final. He is very young and makes too many mistakes.

It has to be a troll lol, of the aforementioned halves, DCE has been the one to step up in the big games.

For this game the 6's will be very interesting. Maloney's had a bit of a thing for dealing a decent hit to his opposite throughout the year. Foran is tougher than a lot of the others out there and should be up for any challenge laid down.

Agree, also where the hell did Maloney's running game come from this year, its been great.

Yeh, I was going to mention Stewart as Manly's X-factor, although not as unstoppable as Mateo can be, he is more consistent and can still be pretty devastating in his own right, and you know what you are going to get from him come Sunday. A lot of his ball playing comes before the line, which is a little different from Mateo, but his combination with Lyon is one of the best in the game. Im havent really looked into it, so I'm not sure who will be marking who, but Inu and Brown (irrespective of playing centre for the Kiwis) arnt the most established centres in the game, and a few of the set moves could catch them out.

Probably the major difference between the two is that Stewart plays a more structured style which fits in perfect with Manly, where as the Warriors usually give the ball to Mateo where he can just look like he is taking an ordinary hitup and draws in the defence only to get the arm free and pop the offload.

It will be an interesting battle though, they have been two of the better back rowers in the game this year and in terms of allround attack they are probably unrivalled. Both have very unique skillsets.

Yeah agree with all, especially the Inu part; he is can sometimes come up with great reads in defence but is also a defensive liability.

IMO INU is such a rocks and diamonds player, one minute he is a superstar and then the next minute he is playing like a fringe first grader.

As a combination the Manly halves. I like Foran over Maloney, but Johnson I prefer over DCE. Even if right now he isn't as consistent or mature, in time he'll exceed him quite comfortably(imo)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
johnson's short kicking game is a revelation. i'm loving it.

maloney can stick to the long kicking.

Big Pete

Referee
Foran is my favourite young half in the game and I just love the way he plays, DCE just keeps steadily improving all the time and continues to give my side nightmares.

Maloney has his moments and Johnson certainly has potential but I just think the Manly halves are more consistant.

As a combination the Manly halves. I like Foran over Maloney, but Johnson I prefer over DCE. Even if right now he isn't as consistent or mature, in time he'll exceed him quite comfortably(imo)

Can you imagine how insane Johnson, Foran and Benji are going to be for the Kiwis. :crazy:

Also how good DCE is going to be for Queensland. :crazy:

and we have Kris keating for NSW :crazy:

flamin

Juniors
Can you imagine how insane Johnson, Foran and Benji are going to be for the Kiwis. :crazy:

Also how good DCE is going to be for Queensland. :crazy:

and we have Kris keating for NSW :crazy:

Maloney is a NSWelshman?

Yeah imagine Benji and Johnson on the same team! There'd be side-steps and flick passes all over the joint.

Though Foran could possibly compliment either since he plays a more structured game and is and will likely continue to be more consistent.

Noa

First Grade
Because as of right now dce is a better player. And by a fair margin.

maple_69

Bench
I think the manly pair at the moment have the runs on the board.
I do think maloney and johnson are a very unique halves pairing and with sustained success they could change the roles of halves. They both seem to pop up in the oddest places. Whether it be on the end of a short pass rather than throwing it or making a break after cleaning up a bomb ingoal.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Manlys by a bit. Talent wise they are very close, but I noticed that on Saturday night, the Warriors halves had several chances to put Melbourne to the sword but took the wrong option. DCE and Foran are more mature in that sense. I think its that which will get Manly over the line and I think their forward pack will handle the occasion better.

Foran is better than Maloney, and Johnson is better than DCE.

Warriors pack will smash Manly's.

Manly has more firepower out wide though.

So it is settled...

Manly Halves>>> Warriors halves as determined by the majority of forumers.

Come sunday we will see if the masses are correct.

ozbash

Referee
All four are on fire at the moment...harder to pick than a broken nose.

Totally agree, Shaun Johnson has a bit of the Benji magic in him. When it comes off it looks great.

Foran is better than Jimmy Maloney, just.On his day though, Maloney is brilliant.

Too hard to pick but I hope our halves are better on Sunday.

Warriorsoul

Juniors
Totally agree, Shaun Johnson has a bit of the Benji magic in him. When it comes off it looks great.

Foran is better than Jimmy Maloney, just.On his day though, Maloney is brilliant.

Too hard to pick but I hope our halves are better on Sunday.

Johnson is like Marshall too in that he'll go 60 minutes quiet, then 20 minutes magic. He has a real good pinpoint bomb at the moment too close to the line.

joseph1

Juniors
Foran and DCE have the runs on the board and Johnson is the most explosive but Maloney is STILL being underrated.. He has outplayed Soward Pearce and Mullen this year. Only aussie 5/8 better has been Locky and James should go on the england tour.