What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Heroes Side of the NRL

Mr Saab

Referee
salivor said:
He was but Locky still go the Clive Churchall medal over him in that GF.

True, but the days of 1991 and 1993 when a member of the losing team wins the CC are over.

tiger_nick

Bench
Misty Bee said:
If we can bear another 'best of' side, how about selecting one of the best performed players in each position from 98 - 06?

Here's mine:

1) Luke Phillips (00)
2) Hasem El Masri (04)
3) Matt King (06)
4) Paul Whatuira (05)
5) Luke Rooney (03)
6) Brad Fittler (02)
7) Stacey Jones (02)
8) Petero Civoniceva (06)
9) Luke Priddis (03)
10) Willie Mason (04)
11) Ben Kennedy (01)
12) Adrian Morley (02)
13) Tewera Nikau (99)

BENCH
14) Brett Hodgeson (01)
15) Benji Marshall (05)
16) Richard Villisanti (02)
17) Dean Halatau (05)

Halatau didnt do much in the GF. It was the qualifier where he was the best player on the park by a country mile, tearing Saints a new one.

Richards would have to get a go above Rooney? Ronney scored two tries that Priddis put on a plate for him. Plus he was being marked by Chris Walker.

Whatiura? He hardly saw any ball, seriously Elford probably had a better GF then him.

Hmm but it brings up a good point, whens the last time a center had a blinder in a grand final?? Tonga had a pretty good 2004 game.

QLD Fever

Juniors
what about webby in 2000 playing in the front row with a broken arm, thats pretty inspirational to me.

miccle

Bench
:lol: Misty's awesome. The Broncos won three of the nine years that he is covering in this thread, yet they make up just 1/17 of the team. :crazy:

Mr Saab

Referee
QLD Fever said:
what about webby in 2000 playing in the front row with a broken arm, thats pretty inspirational to me.

He should be there ahead of either Mason or Petero.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Well, anyone else care to post a side...?

Phillips defence was awesome in the 00 and 02 deciders - and I honestly cant think of a single player who did more in defence for a side in that era.

Jones played a blinder in '02. Joey was class in '01, but general consensus was that his CC medals should have been Kennedy's.

As for the broncos fans whinging - that's what we expect, sadly. why not post your side rather than abusing the opinions of others?

Mal Meninga

Bench
tiger_nick said:
Hmm but it brings up a good point, whens the last time a center had a blinder in a grand final?? Tonga had a pretty good 2004 game.
You'd have to go back to the Renouf and Meninga days if you wanted a centre who truly made an impact in a grand final.