What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Sunday 3rd October 7:30pm @Suncorp Stadium

And the old days where a cabbage imported from Poland cost 2 rouble.

The Leningrad d was something special.

Your average comrade would have killed for a co vid situation instead of the great patriotic war.
Stolovaya's were very popular when I was there in the late 80's- Self serve food.

Nothing beats a bowl of Borsch with rye black bread , Stuffed Cabbage , Egg plant Salad and a couple of cups of warm Kompot on a winters day.

Comrade Putin is a Leningrader - maybe one day they will be change St Petersburg back to Leningrad and Volgograd Back to Stalingrad

A record 70% of Russian respondents say the late dictator of the former Soviet Union played a positive role for Russia

1632730488385.png
A portrait of Joseph Stalin is seen during a Victory Day military parade in the Russian city of Volgograd, formerly called Stalingrad, on May 9, 2019. A record percentage of Russian respondents say Stalin, the late leader of the former Soviet Union, played a positive role for Russia, according to a recent poll.

Ikonic

Juniors
Ivan is an evil alien rodent dressed up as a human who ratted on hundreds of thousands of West Tigers fans.

When he comes on TV, I have to usher my kids out to the back yard.

They ask why, but I can’t bring myself to tell them lest they grow up with:

a) His values
b) His conscience

You don’t stomp on the Tigers without consequences.

We have massive love on our forum for the Bunnies at the moment.

I’m only too happy to let a bunnies fan take my spot in the supermarket queue at this anxious time.

If it’s a Penrith fan, he gets an immediate challenge for pushing in ( even if she didn’t).

Fire up lads, your 21st premiership or death!

Put that elbow into the tackle with your support lads, a quick facial!
Hey mate this will be our 22nd, we won 21 in 2014

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Stolovaya's were very popular when I was there in the late 80's- Self serve food.

Nothing beats a bowl of Borsch with rye black bread , Stuffed Cabbage , Egg plant Salad and a couple of cups of warm Kompot on a winters day.

Comrade Putin is a Leningrader - maybe one day they will be change St Petersburg back to Leningrad and Volgograd Back to Stalingrad

A record 70% of Russian respondents say the late dictator of the former Soviet Union played a positive role for Russia

View attachment 54469
A portrait of Joseph Stalin is seen during a Victory Day military parade in the Russian city of Volgograd, formerly called Stalingrad, on May 9, 2019. A record percentage of Russian respondents say Stalin, the late leader of the former Soviet Union, played a positive role for Russia, according to a recent poll.
Of course respondents are gonna say this. If they don't, they will be shot for "treason". Or end up with novichok poisoning. That's your go now isn't it?

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

View attachment 54469
Instead of posting propaganda photos that are all bullshit, why don't you post REAL photos. Here, I found one of you:

1632732896875.png

View attachment 54469
I heard it was a tough time.

Its been said that the red army would have eventually won the 2nd World War on its own without any other allies at all.

Perhaps 5 years later, but victory anyway.

Stalin knew more about the atomic bomb than fdr or Truman did lol.

I didn’t know Putin was from Leningrad.

I have a European partner, family from old USSR. Some of the food has been passed down. All good food for a long German siege. Kids are still ok!

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
From Zero Tackle,

Rested Rabbitohs given edge ahead of Season’s decider

Despite lacking access to their suspended star Latrell Mitchell and having finished behind the Panthers on the competition table, both Cameron Smith and Matthew Johns believe that South Sydney will win their 22nd premiership this weekend.

Speaking on SEN 1170, the pair of competition winners stated that Souths' less brutal run to the season's decider should hold them in better stead than their western Sydney rivals come Sunday night.

“I’ve got the Rabbitohs winning,” Smith said.

“Mainly because of their run into this match and how difficult the last three finals have been for Penrith, they’ve been beaten up and again they have a handful of players that have been battled and bruised from that game against Melbourne."

Irrespective of the fact that Penrith posted 56-points on the Bunnies during their Round 12 rout in Dubbo this year, the Storm legend held the view that the previously vanquished Rabbits had drastically improved their once leaky line.

“So, they’re in a really good position the Rabbitohs, and the one thing we’re talking about defence right now, and the one thing I’ve been impressed with is their defence.

“I’ve got the Rabbitohs ahead, just.”

Johns echoed Smith's sentiments, but also claimed that with Wayne Bennett at the helm, the Redferners held a significant trump card over an opponent they have already defeated once this month.

“I’m with Cameron, Souths by a fraction at the moment,” Johns said.

“I’m curious to see how bad the injury is to Adam Reynolds, I think the extra day is an advantage.

“I think the coach [ Bennett], just about how he goes about his work gives me confidence in the Rabbitohs.

“I think, like Cameron, they’re a lot fresher than Penrith are, and that win (against Melbourne) was a really difficult game for them.

“I genuinely think they will win.”

Should Smith and Johns prove correct in their predictions, South Sydney will become the first team in the competition's lengthy history to ever finish the season as premiers after having 50-points or more posted against them.

As mentioned, Penrith raised the bat against the Rabbitohs in late May of this year just a fortnight after Melbourne skinned Souths by 50-0 in Round 9.

League fans will need to wait a further six days before finding out whether these former Origin representatives are on the money or not, with the kick-off for the 2021 NRL Grand Final at Suncorp Stadium scheduled for 7:50pm on Sunday night.

From the Daily Telegraph,

2021 NRL Grand Final - Braith Anasta and Michael Ennis split on whether Souths or Penrith win

While the names of Reynolds, Walker and Cook grab most of the headlines, Fox Sports expert Braith Anasta believes it could be the form of an unheralded trio that gets Souths home on Sunday.

With the Rabbitohs to face off against the Panthers for this year’s premiership, Fox League’s Michael Ennis and Braith Anasta give us their early predictions.

BRAITH ANASTA

SOUTH SYDNEY to win

Souths know exactly what they have to do to beat Penrith - just follow the same blueprint they used to upset the Panthers in the first week of the finals.

Their line speed and intensity in defence helped them get in Penrith’s face and throw them off their game. It took away their time and space and denied the Panthers any attacking opportunities.

So once again, the key for Souths is to worry Penrith out of the game and intimidate them. Jai Arrow was enormous off the bench and he got right up in their face and they niggled them out of the game.

They have to put pressure on them, hurry them up on the last tackle and Wayne Bennett has so much experience in grand finals he’ll have them ready to do just that.

It’s interesting to hear Wayne speak after South Sydney’s losses this year - he understands that more often than not, when Souths lose it’s because they beat themselves. They’ve won so many games now they know what it takes, they’re a close team, they know what works best for them and what doesn’t and what doesn’t is errors.

THE RIVALRIES

Played 97 times with South Sydney winning 51, Penrith 44 and two draws
They have played three times already this year with Penrith winning twice.
South Sydney won in the opening week of the finals 16-10 after Penrith beat them 56-12 in round 11 and 25-12 in round 23

Wayne Bennett v Ivan Cleary

Played 24 times with Bennett winning 15, Cleary winning nine
Cleary has won five of his past six games against Bennett coached teams
Bennett won his first 10 of 12 matches against Cleary

When they do make errors they compound them and they kill their own chances. That’s why the emphasis this week will be on themselves.

Their forwards have really lifted since Latrell got suspended and they’re the unsung heroes of this Souths team.

We all know how good Cody Walker and Adam Reynolds are, and Reynolds can still be really effective even if he’s carrying an injury, but guys like Tom Burgess and Keaon Kolomatangi have been in great form and Cam Murray has been playing like Superman.

I’m leaning Souths - the Panthers-Storm prelim was ferocious, and one of the best games I’ve seen in a long time, but I fear it might have taken some juice out of Penrith.

Souths know how to attack them and with Reynolds, Walker and Benji Marshall running them around the park they can stop the Panthers premiership dream from coming true.

MICHAEL ENNIS

PENRITH to win

Penrith have fought their way to the grand final via three absolute wars - but that just means they’re battle-hardened for the clash against South Sydney.

The win over the Storm shows they’ve learned their lesson from the disaster of last year’s grand final and their resounding effort in defence is something that will give them enormous confidence.

The way they came out and didn’t hesitate, they didn’t wait to see how Melbourne were going to be, they attacked with their aggression and their line speed and that’s what’s most important to them this week.

They know where they went wrong against Souths last time and have been through two really tough games, and while their attack might not have been at their best, defensively their resolve has been incredible.

Against Melbourne, even though it wasn’t raining points, there was a real attacking arrogance back in their play and I love that from Penrith. They didn’t hesitate to move the ball, especially to that left side to Viliame Kikau and Matt Burton.

When the game was in the balance, they had the confidence to do that and that’s when Penrith are at their best.

They’re coming up against an attacking juggernaut next week and for Penrith to unlock their own attack, while Nathan Cleary is vital, Jarome Luai and Api Koroisau are the ones who give them a point of difference and stop it from just being Nathan all the time.

Luai wasn’t quite back to where he was early in the season, but against the Storm he stepped up and took his moments.

The fact the Panthers have had a look at grand final week, which can be really daunting, means they’ll be a lot more settled.

I think Penrith get it done.

Wayne Bennett will have Souths primed, and you have to tip their hat to them, but the defensive resolve in Penrith could really frustrate Souths and if their attack starts to find it’s gears, and given their experience from last year, I think they get home in a tight one.
F##k Michael Ennis, he should be totally embarrassed with his recent tipping form, that prick has got no idea.

Ikonic

Juniors
I have been relegated boys…

Television in the shed, building a wall around it so no one an hear me scream😂 god help our neighbours.
Last game of this BS year (covid, lockdown) our boys are in the hot seat. No we aren’t favourites but neither were QLD last year. Neither were we when we versed Panther in week 1 of the finals.
Wayne will have this week sussed. Will admit (which is easy) they are a red hot team. Deserve plaudits etc.. but they (like Stormers) can be beaten.
We would have got a lot of confidence from week 1 of the finals. We can do it again!
Our boys need to play out of their skin for 80.
It will be emotional, painful.. they will feel elated to be there.
We need to do it for our homegrown nugget Reyno.
Supercoach Bennett.
Qld star Gags.
Hit man Sua
Also my bro goes for Panther so I need bagging rights 😂

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
They are in moonboots again and to o turned up in a wheel chair,dead set, those cheating riffs will try anything on,we all know they will be fit to go,their arrogance is stiffling
The first chance they get on To'o, especially if it's down on the Westies goal line, they need to give a good jujitsu twist on his ankle. If done right, it can be disguised as a continuation of the tackle. Let's test it out.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
The Chase on the Chin needs to be super fast, put pressure on him and knock him into the dirt every single kick. They got no other offense.

Ikonic

Juniors
I have been relegated boys…

Television in the shed, building a wall around it so no one an hear me scream😂 god help our neighbours.
Last game of this BS year (covid, lockdown) our boys are in the hot seat. No we aren’t favourites but neither were QLD last year. Neither were we when we versed Panther in week 1 of the finals.
Wayne will have this week sussed. Will admit (which is easy) they are a red hot team. Deserve plaudits etc.. but they (like Stormers) can be beaten.
We would have got a lot of confidence from week 1 of the finals. We can do it again!
Our boys need to play out of their skin for 80.
It will be emotional, painful.. they will feel elated to be there.
We need to do it for our homegrown nugget Reyno.
Supercoach Bennett.
Qld star Gags.
Hit man Sua
Also my bro goes for Panther so I need bagging rights 😂
I forgot NRL LEGEND BENJI
Do it for Benji boys!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
The dude with the ugg boot on his head needs to be targeted in attack. He looked totally gassed after 20mins and Melbourne failed to capitalize on that because Munster was never to be seen on that right side. Cody is a genius switching and doubling up on our right - they need to go at ugg-boot head.

Latest posts