What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

JokerEel

Coach
My prediction is ja will be 14 all next year.

If hodgo goes down, ja will be the hooker

When 1 of moses and Dylan doesnt stay in 2024, ja will be the half

If we resign ba beyond, ja will be our half if moses or dyl wont be there and his other boy will be the 14

If that happens we have not learnt anything from this year...

We need a 14 who can come on and up the tempo at 9.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
its not OUR thing .... you have just become fixated on it cos its a way of having a dig at BA .... it's all the good teams' thing - but penrith are f**kload better at it than others ..... they belted us early and got on top. They played out of their skins. No one would have beaten them.
Well what is our thing?? And no one would have beaten them?? A team that might of had a crack longer than 5 mins might of had a chance. We dipped our toes in the water said oooooooh it’s too cold and packed up and went home.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My prediction is ja will be 14 all next year.

If hodgo goes down, ja will be the hooker

When 1 of moses and Dylan doesnt stay in 2024, ja will be the half

If we resign ba beyond, ja will be our half if moses or dyl wont be there and his other boy will be the 14
I can see tgis happening as well, this GF while a great ride will cost us in the long run. It’s made the board think BA is the answer and it will give him free reign to elevate both is useless sprogs well above their station.

JokerEel

Coach
I can see tgis happening as well, this GF while a great ride will cost us in the long run. It’s made the board think BA is the answer and it will give him free reign to elevate both is useless sprogs well above their station.

I think the first 6 weeks will tell if BA will stay on for 24 if we start 1-5 He may be turfed early.

JokerEel

Coach
Surprised he hasn’t been locked up by Penrith yet.

Same he is on their books for 23 but they have a few off contract in 24

Eddie Blacker, Stephen Crichton, Thomas Jenkins, Spencer Leniu, Soni Luke, Liam Martin, Chris Smith, Scott Sorensen, Charlie Staines, Brian To'o

10 players off contract

IFR33K

Coach
Well what is our thing?? And no one would have beaten them?? A team that might of had a crack longer than 5 mins might of had a chance. We dipped our toes in the water said oooooooh it’s too cold and packed up and went home.

i honestly think you’re being a little harsh on them. The Penrith players belted everyone last night. We struggled to make 30 metres in many sets. Their go forward was phenomenal, their size and strength are second to none. No nrl team was beating them last night. Not the 01 eels, not the 09 eels and no storm team. They have no weakness and play as thou they’re possessed.

How we never chased Phil Gould is beyond me.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach

there’s absolutely no reason to extend Ba. He’s here for another 2 years.

his poor daughter. Only way she’s getting a dog, is if she moves out.

Gronk

Staff member
Game questions

1. WTF with that To’o try when Kikau ran into Moses and prevented him sliding ? The bunker just flipped him the bird n said that he tackled him ?

2. WTF towards the end when Gutho angry man ragdolled some merkin ball n all in a beast mode fullback tackle. What was the penalty for ? Didn’t look high.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
His go forward is great but he lacks the all round game of the truly great fullbacks. Behind a weaker defensive pack I think he would be exposed pretty regularly. Look at all the times he's let a bomb bounce for example. But because his team usually has all the ball and field position he just doesn't get tested very often. He is mostly getting the ball from a long kick under pressure and so he has plenty of room to run it back.

Edwards suits the Penrith style of play. An old saying 'hard work beats talent, every day of the week'. That sums up Edwards.

JokerEel

Coach
Game questions

1. WTF with that To’o try when Kikau ran into Moses and prevented him sliding ? The bunker just flipped him the bird n said that he tackled him ?

2. WTF towards the end when Gutho angry man ragdolled some merkin ball n all in a beast mode fullback tackle. What was the penalty for ? Didn’t look high.

1. If Moses ran into him sliding instead of wrapping his arm the bunker would of had no choice, but in saying that all year its a penalty but the ever consistent bunker decided to rule on it differently .

2. It was for the strip even though dicked Klien didn't call held.

DaveMc

Juniors
It’s essentially ancient history now, but imagine if the last minute Klemmer signing had have come off. He’s the sort of guy with a bit of mongrel that we could’ve used last night. I thought Brown was okay but basically ineffective.

One aspect of the gameplan that did annoy me was the lack of willingness to bend the rules. Slowing the ruck down was necessary, and they should’ve known Klein wouldn’t referee it like a club game. We really need a bit of grub.

JokerEel

Coach
It’s essentially ancient history now, but imagine if the last minute Klemmer signing had have come off. He’s the sort of guy with a bit of mongrel that we could’ve used last night. I thought Brown was okay but basically ineffective.

One aspect of the gameplan that did annoy me was the lack of willingness to bend the rules. Slowing the ruck down was necessary, and they should’ve known Klein wouldn’t referee it like a club game. We really need a bit of grub.
I doubt Klemmer would have added anything.

The thing is Penrith slowed the play the ball down by getting us to the ground then dragged us backwards which slowed the play the ball down but was also allowed because it's during the tackle.

King-Gutho94

Coach

That was our 2017 style under BA.

Slow the ptb down and push the envelope.

Unfortunately it backfired in 2018 where we were the most ill disciplined side in the comp and came last.

Since 2019 BA has drilled down discipline by not giving away cheap penalties hence why we don't slow down the ruck as much but on the flipside we don't give away 6 agains or penalties.

I think we need to find a better balance especially in big games as being all nice will get you nowhere and refs don't want to be giving away 15-20 penalties in a GF. So push the envelope early even give away a few penalties or 6 agains and set a standard that enables you slow it down to a certain level.

crocodile

Bench
See my response to Pou, with less distance to travel he didn't need to be faster, he needed only be as fast as he was. Simonsson wasn't fast enough to take that line, Edwards was fast enough to present it, the end result proves this.
You may have meant that but it isn't written that way. If anything, Simonsson lacked any support runners. He could 've at least carried the ball in the arm closest to the sideline and offer a fend. It doesn't matter, we got done.