What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

hindy111

Post Whore
i honestly think you’re being a little harsh on them. The Penrith players belted everyone last night. We struggled to make 30 metres in many sets. Their go forward was phenomenal, their size and strength are second to none. No nrl team was beating them last night. Not the 01 eels, not the 09 eels and no storm team. They have no weakness and play as thou they’re possessed.

How we never chased Phil Gould is beyond me.

There was a guy on here that said throw him a million and get him here. Everyone enjoyed giving it to him cause of this.
Our junior system looks worsed it has ever currently. Lets pray that's just a timing of kids coming through. We are producing nothing

hindy111

Post Whore
Don’t look at the outcome of something and assume it was the game plan. You are smarter than that. They were comprehensively outplayed. Most teams would have struggled to hold them to 18 points in that first half.

Its ironic cause Kikaus obstruction was a no try and Sivo scores 9/10 when he dropped it. I also didnt get the penalty on Simmonson when in attack. Unsure if it was 12 nil at the time or 18 but it was the first time we had some momentum in 25mins

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Its ironic cause Kikaus obstruction was a no try and Sivo scores 9/10 when he dropped it. I also didnt get the penalty on Simmonson when in attack. Unsure if it was 12 nil at the time or 18 but it was the first time we had some momentum in 25mins
Yep. All shit things that impacted us but probably wouldn't have changed the outcome.

To think The disrespect that their players showed Parra before the game the whole childish “Daddy” comment and it wasn’t acted on by the team and coach shows that our players and coaches really are soft . Any great coach would have just rubbed his hands with glee using that as ammo. But nothing absolutely nothing. When Theres only one game left and it’s the final, you use whatever means you can to motivate to win that game. But we just played a normal game.

you really stuffed up BA.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep. All shit things that impacted us but probably wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Nope. But halftime 12 down is a big difference. Especialy if you jagged the next try.
Looks 6 or 7 weeks ago after Brisbane wiped our arse and Souths pulled our pants down I genuinely felt we would struggle to make the top 8. We where inconsistent amd copped some real floggings.
We turned the corner and went in a great run and made the grand final. On the flip side Brisbane sunk like the titanic.
What we did is proved we can play good footy. Just not consistently. The building blocks are in place. Attitude and desire needs to lift a little I feel. We lack a bit of grit and grubiness.

hindy111

Post Whore
To think The disrespect that their players showed Parra before the game the whole childish “Daddy” comment and it wasn’t acted on by the team and coach shows that our players and coaches really are soft . Any great coach would have just rubbed his hands with glee using that as ammo. But nothing absolutely nothing. When Theres only one game left and it’s the final, you use whatever means you can to motivate to win that game. But we just played a normal game.

you really stuffed up BA.

When he was interviewed and he said I'm just a bush coach and lucky to get the chance. I hung my head. He is the face of our club. On a marketing perspective he just isn't the face you want.
Look at the Roosters and the way Robinson dresses and carries himself.

JokerEel

Coach

King-Gutho94

Coach
Penrith can say what they want they won.

They back up there cockiness with the performances everyweek.

Kikau mocked the souths song last year. Cleary smashed the trophy, Tyrone May went on a Instagram implosion.

I think we are better off just letting them show the world that some of them are ungracious winners.

I think they would prefer us to take the bait tbh and bite back I think Luai and co thrive on it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Nope. But halftime 12 down is a big difference. Especialy if you jagged the next try.
Looks 6 or 7 weeks ago after Brisbane wiped our arse and Souths pulled our pants down I genuinely felt we would struggle to make the top 8. We where inconsistent amd copped some real floggings.
We turned the corner and went in a great run and made the grand final. On the flip side Brisbane sunk like the titanic.
What we did is proved we can play good footy. Just not consistently. The building blocks are in place. Attitude and desire needs to lift a little I feel. We lack a bit of grit and grubiness.
I've never seen a team play with more desire than the eels team that beat the cowboys. Attitude is fine in the big games. We have weaknesses in our squad that the Panthers were able to exploit. Thats our biggest issue.

JokerEel

Coach
Agree, but Panthers will lock him away for a further year or two before that I expect.

Possibly but the Eels should seriously be chatting to his manager now.

I assume that's why some players haven't been re-signed for 23 at their current clubs as they have signed elsewhere.

Avenger

Immortal
Penrith can say what they want they won.

They back up there cockiness with the performances everyweek.

Kikau mocked the souths song last year. Cleary smashed the trophy, Tyrone May went on a Instagram implosion.

I think we are better off just letting them show the world that some of them are ungracious winners.

I think they would prefer us to take the bait tbh and bite back I think Luai and co thrive on it.
Maybe they are merkins.

Latest posts