What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Theft Auto IV

nöyd

Staff member
E3 2006: Grand Theft Auto IV Official
The next-generation of crime adventure is now a PS3 reality.
by Juan Castro

May 9, 2006 - Rockstar Games today announced the next chapter in the Grand Theft Auto series, titled Grand Theft Auto 4. The announcement offered little in terms of actual details regarding story and game mechanics. However, it did confirm that Rockstar North, developers of Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, are handling the latest iteration.
The only other piece of information concerns the release date. GTA 4 will ship simultaneously for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on October 16, 2007. In Europe, the game will ship on October 19, 2007.
Stay tuned for more details.
grand-theft-auto-iv-20060509010754025-000.jpg

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/706/706234p1.html

Official site for GTA IV is here, no info on it thus far, probably seeing as it is still a year and a half away from release...

McLovin

Staff member
Cant wait, it's being shipped just in time for my BDay which is the 16th, oct...

nöyd

Staff member
MC84 said:
Cant wait, it's being shipped just in time for my BDay which is the 16th, oct...

That is if it avoids delays that plague most game releases :lol:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I don't know if they'll be able to top San Andreas, best game there's ever been. I probably said the same thing about Vice City though.

What a bloody tease, announcing a game like this for release in well over a year without even a hint of the storyline or features. Gives time to save up for a PS3 at least instead of remortgaging the house to pay for one of the expensive buggers.

[furrycat]

Coach
San Andreas with the hot coffee mod :lol: Oh lordie that was a CRACK UP! I can't believe the producers left that string of coding in there!! They lost a lot of money for that stuff up!

[furrycat] said:
San Andreas with the hot coffee mod :lol: Oh lordie that was a CRACK UP! I can't believe the producers left that string of coding in there!! They lost a lot of money for that stuff up!

what happened there?

and i thought vice city was GTA 4.

when is liberty city stories out on ps2, for anyone who knows, is it any good?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
pennywisealfie said:

Vice City went back in time before GTA 3 and so did San Andreas, so they never called it GTA 4 or GTA 5, I guess they always had it in mind that they'd fill in the blanks after they made GTA 3 and then continue the story.

pennywisealfie said:

Not sure on when it's coming out on PS2 but I have it for PSP, it is pretty good. The only problem with the PSP version is sometimes it just freezes for a second or two while it loads and that would probably be fixed in the PS2 version. It's better than GTA 3 but not quite as good as Vice City IMO.

[furrycat]

Coach
pennywisealfie said:
what happened there?

:O

It was an easter egg the producers left i nthe game for themselves. When you go out with your GF in the game, you go back and have sex... pretty graphically too :lol:
Buttons to "Change position" and so forth and you have to get her excitement meter up

Someone hacked into the game's code and released a patch to unlock it. Rockstar had to take all the games off shelves to re-release it because people went nuts that this was possible- was f**king funny though :lol:

Paullyboy

Coach
I played San Andreas for a while, I was up to the bit where you fight for gang territory and stuff, and I went back to play it about 2 months later and Id gone back in time and wasn't up to it yet.

So instead of repeating all the old tasks again I put Madden back in.

i brought gta liberty stories on ps2 and i got to the final credits and i am like only 45% completion. wtf, i didn't see that much other stuff to do that is over 50% of the game.

Munky

Coach
Every GTA clone has been rubbish though. They look good in development but then you actually play them.

How good were the cheap shots in San Andreas that were aimed at Driver 3 and True Crime.

Rockstar is kind of like Nintendo in that it totally kills the opposition in the genre it is good at.

Wang

Juniors
No nice city wasn't called gta iv because it was back in time. was because they only put the number when there releasing on new platform.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Just for anyone who doesn't know, the first trailer of this game is going online in about 6 minutes on www.rockstargames.com/IV/. I have a feeling it will be a Rockstar prank, there is huge interest in this trailer and they would love to see people's reactions if the whole thing is a hoax. Maybe not but just a feeling.

EDIT: Well it looks legit, when the countdown ended it diverted me to a second version of the website but I couldn't get it to load, there are too many people on and the whole site has crashed and every GTA fansite I could find in google has crashed aswell. Could be a while.