What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Theft Auto IV

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Yep it's on PS3 and the 360. The 360 version will have extra 'episodic' downloadable content though. I don't know exactly what this means but I think they will be giving extra missions to 360 users via the marketplace. Sony really dropped the ball on this one, the game is actually more appealing on Xbox now when before it wasn't even available on it.

Trailer is awesome, the graphics are amazing and the character looks good. It's back to Liberty City though, thought they'd try something new but oh well, it isn't the same Liberty City at least. Can't wait now.

Milo7

Juniors
douglasallen91 said:
i brought gta liberty stories on ps2 and i got to the final credits and i am like only 45% completion. wtf, i didn't see that much other stuff to do that is over 50% of the game.

Yeah I was the same a few months back when I finally bought it, lol. There are a sh!tload of extra missions to do though, just like in GTA3, driving and killing missions ect.

Btw I finished San Andreas 3 times with 100% finished once :lol: it is still the greatest game i`ve played. Well maybe second now that i`ve played Rome: Total War on the PC.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Bumble said:
And now it's coming out on Wii. :D

Yet another victory for Nintendo :D

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/04/10/bloomberg/bxwii-web.php

I think you misread..

Electronic Arts was not the only publisher slow to see Wii's appeal. Take-Two Interactive Software, based in New York, the maker of "Grand Theft Auto" games, had no Wii titles when the player was released and now plans to have three this year, said a spokesman for the game maker, Jim Ankner.

Take-Two is alot bigger than just Rockstar Games, they own lots of minor companies and it doesn't say anywhere that the game is coming to Wii, just that 3 games will be published by Take-Two this year for the Wii.

Oh and..

Sony > Microsoft > ............... > Nintendo. It's a little kid's console.

Bumble

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Sony > Microsoft > ............... > Nintendo. It's a little kid's console.

I'm not sure whether that's just a poor troll or if you genuinely believe that tripe...:?

The Wii has destroyed the PS3 thus far, and is rapidly gaining ground on the 360 which was released months earlier.

Azkatro

First Grade
f**king hell that looks top notch. My computer can't even come close to playing the HD version of the trailer, yet it's gutsy enough to be able to play all previous GTA games including San Andreas :lol:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Bumble said:
I'm not sure whether that's just a poor troll or if you genuinely believe that tripe...:?

The Wii has destroyed the PS3 thus far, and is rapidly gaining ground on the 360 which was released months earlier.

Sorry, I just can't see any sort of longevity with the Wii. The whole thing is novelty, the only reason it is moving so many units is because it's cheaper than the rest. Parents with no interest in HD movies are going to get their kids a Wii before a PS3 or XBox. When HD becomes more common and affordable, then sales will be relevant. PS3 is a long term console, Wii is a fad and XBox is an unreliable ripoff, Microsoft knows this that's why they are making panic moves, and when the Wii fad wears off Nintento will do the same.

Bumble

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Sorry, I just can't see any sort of longevity with the Wii. The whole thing is novelty.

Yet it has more planned releases than both of the other 2 consoles...because all the companies want to make things for the Wii now.

ParraDude_Jay said:
the only reason it is moving so many units is because it's cheaper than the rest.

That's called an advantage...you need them to sell things in competitive markets.

ParraDude_Jay said:
Parents with no interest in HD movies are going to get their kids a Wii before a PS3 or XBox. When HD becomes more common and affordable, then sales will be relevant. PS3 is a long term console

:lol::lol:

I'm sure the Wii will be worried in 2015 when HD has become affordable. That logic would be akin to putting a DVD player in a Sega Mega Drive and saying "right, once DVD becomes popular and affordable we'll start outselling the Super Nintendo"

ParraDude_Jay said:
Wii is a fad and XBox is an unreliable ripoff, Microsoft knows this that's why they are making panic moves, and when the Wii fad wears off Nintento will do the same.

Refer to my top point. Also, the Wii hasn't realeased any of the big guns aside from Zelda yet. The Metroid, Mario and Mario Sports games as well as Smash Brothers and possibly another Zelda game will tighten Nintendo's grip. Add to that the fact that 3rd parties (which was the Gamecube's biggest downfall) are now lining up to port things to the Wii, and Nintendo is looking very strong. The Wii is a completely new way of video gaming and the world is responding to it kindly, whether you like it or not.

The PS3 is a PS2 with better graphics. Awesome. :roll:

Also, the irony of a PS3 fan calling any other console a ripoff...:lol:

Choppies

Coach
The Wii is an awesome console. Im definately getting one as well as a 360. (Ps3 is just a waste IMO)
The Wii as Bumble said is video gaming in a whole new way. That is what will set it apart and ultimately make or break it. If it turns out to be a novelty in gaming it will go out with some kick ass games (Ones we have now and other that will come in the future) to remember it by.
PS3 is shooting itself in the foot with its price and Blu-Ray which I beleive will be the Beta to VHS in HD. I think Sony will be in for a big shock in the next few years.

sydraider

First Grade
Choppies said:
The Wii is an awesome console. Im definately getting one as well as a 360. (Ps3 is just a waste IMO)
The Wii as Bumble said is video gaming in a whole new way. That is what will set it apart and ultimately make or break it. If it turns out to be a novelty in gaming it will go out with some kick ass games (Ones we have now and other that will come in the future) to remember it by.
PS3 is shooting itself in the foot with its price and Blu-Ray which I beleive will be the Beta to VHS in HD. I think Sony will be in for a big shock in the next few years.

If blu-ray is the next beta, then why are microsoft bothering with putting a blu-ray drive into the new 360?

Choppies

Coach
sydraider said:
If blu-ray is the next beta, then why are microsoft bothering with putting a blu-ray drive into the new 360?

They are? Well if thats the case I admit to my mistake. I thought 360 HD ps3 Blu-Ray. :crazy:

sydraider

First Grade
Choppies said:
They are? Well if thats the case I admit to my mistake. I thought 360 HD ps3 Blu-Ray. :crazy:

From my understanding they are, would have to double check the specs of the new 360.

Latest posts