What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graple Tackles

As a storm fan, i don't like the grapple tackle and i wish that it was more watch by the NRL refs, but today at the Storm vs St-illa game saw 1 graple tackles but just watching it 6 others i found and they were not from Storm Players.

6 of the Graple Tackles were caused by one player but one was maybe incidential. 6 grapple tackle were caused by Luke Bailey and even the Ref who was paul simpkins penalised St G-Illa (Luke Bailey????) for the Grapple Tackle technique and if you watch the St G-Melb game he even said and Fox sports have got want he said.

Anyway, my point is Is there a Grave injustice and bias even from the Top about this Grapple Tackle technique? Is there double Standards from the NRL about this Grapple Tackle?!!!.

greeneyed

First Grade
Yes, there is bias about what should and shouldn't be policed. It is driven by certain personalities in the game whose interests are close to certain clubs. They pursue certain rule interpretations that suit their own clubs in the NRL's consultative forums. The NRL should start to decide the rules itself, without taking into account the biased agendas of the clubs.