What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grass roots

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Just a random thought - National Provincial Championship grand final this week, Counties v (Te Atatu Roosters dominated) Auckland Vulcans.

I find it very surprising that Bay of Plenty, Otago and Waikato were all in the comp this year but Canterbury were in the second tier comp. Apparently it's because Canterbury came last last year and therefore got relegated. I've watched a few of the games and it's fair to say the likes of Waikato, BOP and Otago are not very good. Surely Canterbury aren't that weak, in light of the sort of crowd they got to the club grand final?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just a random thought - National Provincial Championship grand final this week, Counties v (Te Atatu Roosters dominated) Auckland Vulcans.

I find it very surprising that Bay of Plenty, Otago and Waikato were all in the comp this year but Canterbury were in the second tier comp. Apparently it's because Canterbury came last last year and therefore got relegated. I've watched a few of the games and it's fair to say the likes of Waikato, BOP and Otago are not very good. Surely Canterbury aren't that weak, in light of the sort of crowd they got to the club grand final?

They were absolutely dreadful last year, just not good enough to foot it with the big guns and then got embarrassed in the relegation game. Not all of the best club players seemed to put themselves up for selection either

They still struggled a bit this year, only narrowly putting away the West Coast, but beat Wellington last week to return to the top comp next year I think

Latest posts