What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

great coaches

super_coach

First Grade
a graet coach is a coach who forces a rule change or changes the style of the game.
Has GUS THE GOB REALLY DONE MUCH--i dont think so
1 Jack Gibson-introduced defensive as a weapon and professionalism
2 warren ryan invented umberall defensive
3 Ricky stuart the gang tackle
but whats the gob ever done-----a cheque book coach--with a support team bigger than NOAHS ARCH--The most over rated boff head in the game.
how would have the gob gone with newtown--when ryan nearly pulled off a miricale--or how would he gone with the tigers this year--sheens has gone down to grass roots and changing a team going nowhere-into a team with respect.
John Lang turned penrith around from has been into a great side.
year in and year out Bennett delivers
Hasler at manly seems to be really pointing the siliver tails in the right direction.
Craig Bellamy seems a breath of fresh down south.
Folks a quite achiever
murray a proven performer
Elliot and up and comer
Nathan Brown--finally breaking away from being one of the boys and coaching his own team
Hagan-a pro working with some good machines
Anderson--doing tough-but done well over the last few years
Raper--yet to be proven at this level-but seems to have the respect of the players
Sheens-as said before--old pro.who has changed the whole culture of a joint venture--nearly impossible task--two sets of ego and bagage from the past.
and of course their brian smith--Time to give it away and become a comentaor--got a graet league mind-but cant gell a team anymore

The bottom line-Gus the gob--is a gob--offers nothing as coach and even worse a tv expert----gus give it away---go back to the red hots at horald park----another thing they tell me you have very little ability at

Red Bear

Referee
Hmmmmm, don't agree with that. Most sucessful Origin coach, laid the groundwork for the Roosters, won in his first season at the Dogs, then won at Penrith while helping to develop one of the best players of the last 15 years brad fittler.

Gobbso

Juniors
I'm of the opinion similar to GoTheBears. He's one of the smartest men in Rugby League. Lives and breathes the game. Has won 2 premierships, the teams he has coached fair enough he didn't win comps with the Roosters, but no one can say they weren't successful, they reached the Finals every year Gus was in control. If Tim Sheens quit tomorrow, and Wests had to sign a coach, and Gus was on the market, i'd definitely target him. His knowledge, expereince and passion is second to none.

Vicious

Bench
Tim Sheens is as good a coach as any of the older style imo.I agree that Gus has a good football brain,however I wouldn`t want him coaching the Tigers.When it comes time for Tim to finish up i`d like to see a younger new breed of coach take over!

Vicious

Bench
tigpie said:
When it comes time for Tim to finish up i`d like to see a younger new breed of coach take over!

What ... like Terry Lamb or Paul Langmack??? :roll:
No,more like Jason Taylor,Michael Potter,Shane Flanagan or even possibly Peter Camroux if he keeps getting good results.However it looks like being a good 4-5 years away,so who knows what coaches wiil be available by then.

galea#13

Juniors
ooh i shudder of the thought of another coach lets act as though sheensy will get his 10 yrs long service i would be very happy with that cos right now i cannot pick a coach i would prefer . i wanted bellamy but then sheens proved me wrong !!!!!