What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Controller - Works with Demo

HBG

Juniors
Logitech® Dual Action™ Gamepad

Dual Analog Sticks • Mac • PC • USB

Part Number 963292-0403 AUD 49.95

The Logitech® Dual Action™ Gamepad... it's the ultimate precision instrument, whether you're going for the tackle, the kill, the gold, or the finish line. The comfortable grip keeps you at the top of your game for hours of play, and the familiar design and layout of the action buttons and triggers will have you dominating in no time.

Play any kind of game with this versatile controller
Feel the precision of two analog joysticks with digital buttons that have smooth 360-degree action
Take full control with the familiar design and layout of 12 programmable buttons, which includes four triggers and digital buttons under the analog joysticks
Be prepared for whatever comes your way with the trusty 8-way d-pad
Play longer thanks to the comfortable shape and grip
Start playing right away with plug-and-play convenience

As mentioned above, you can map the buttons to keyboard controls in games, and emulate the keyboard

index.cfm
[/img]

kaon

Juniors
I've had the GRAVIS eliminator aftershock for a couple of years and it's the best control pad I’ve ever owned.

It has 12 fully programmable buttons and the fact that it only cost $40 is a real bonus.

prod_img_1022_lg.jpg

sheep

Juniors
Is that ok? It doesnt look like it gives you enough options with buttons compaired to the flexibility that mine offers. Just look at the reviews surrounding my pad.

new_control_pad.jpg

"Any game is yours to control with this unique controller. State of the art technology and over two years in development has given the gamer finally what they want. The pad contains one ultra realistic precision directional pad for super smooth 2D and 3D movement*, two fully non-programmable buttons which also double as a start button, and absoultly no trigger or digital buttons whatsoever..WHAT A PACKAGE! Play longer, faster and better** thanks to the ultimate comfortable box shape***, this is a pad like no other"

*3D movement may not be possible
**In no way will this pad substitute for lack of gaming talent
***If uncomfortable box shape does not suit your hands

IGN - What a control, what a pleasure to be graced by this pad 9.9/10
Gamespot - Finally after decades of gaming someone has finally stepped up to create a masterpiece in the year 2003 9.7/10

[/img]

Raider_69

Post Whore
ive had the old Mircosoft Sidewinder Game Pad for a few years now and it has always done the job...... its getting pretty shit now, it f**ks up on me every now and again, so im looking for a new one...... any suggestions?

sheep

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
ive had the old Mircosoft Sidewinder Game Pad for a few years now and it has always done the job...... its getting pretty shit now, it f**ks up on me every now and again, so im looking for a new one...... any suggestions?

See above

Razor

Coach
kaon said:
I've had the GRAVIS eliminator aftershock for a couple of years and it's the best control pad I’ve ever owned.

It has 12 fully programmable buttons and the fact that it only cost $40 is a real bonus.

$40 US though.

The Logitech controller costs $32 from ISWH or $30 from BuyQuick

Can't find any places that sell the Gravis pad in Australia.

kaon

Juniors
Razor said:
kaon said:

$40 US though.

The Logitech controller costs $32 from ISWH or $30 from BuyQuick

Can't find any places that sell the Gravis pad in Australia.

I just remembered I only paid $35 Australian at ALDI (you can find a real bargain there sometimes).

In a Big League magazine from a couple of years ago I saw an ad for the Gravis pad. You could buy it then at Harvey Norman for $70 no doubt it will be cheaper now.

Dragon

Coach
Yeah umo, only about $35 if i remember correctly from the gamesmen. That was about 2 years ago.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Raider_69 said:

I've got that, never had a problem with it.

Goleel

Juniors
I don't know where you could find a new sidewinder, other than games stores, but if you do see one, grab it quick, microsoft just stopped producing new Sidewinder products so what you see there is all that is left. You can get analogue sidewinder pads now im pretty sure, I'll grab one for RL for sure, this old digital sidewinder i've got doesn't hold up too well anymore without analogue control.

HBG

Juniors
I also have a MS Sidewinder Gamepad, but the Logitech controller gives more accurate control when moving.
The fact that Microsoft have left this market is a real shame.
I also understand that Gravis are hard to find as well.
This leaves Logitech and Thrustmaster as the main players.
Otherwise HES have an adapter to allow you to use PS2 controllers on your PC.

Razor

Coach
Goleel said:
I don't know where you could find a new sidewinder, other than games stores, but if you do see one, grab it quick, microsoft just stopped producing new Sidewinder products so what you see there is all that is left. You can get analogue sidewinder pads now im pretty sure, I'll grab one for RL for sure, this old digital sidewinder i've got doesn't hold up too well anymore without analogue control.

EB are selling the sidewinder gamepads for $30

Latest posts