What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great News - Resignings

Vira

Juniors
Glenn said:
Just an update on contracts Guru has signed for another two years and Morris has signed for 1 more year.

hopefully Morris will evenuatlly stay longer...

the_eel

Juniors
Yeah, that certainly is interesting on Morris. It would appear certain that if he only wants a one year option that he would be joining the Coast when they come in to the comp. Hope not because I'm really starting to warm to him at 5/8 and admittedly I've never seen Green play yet.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The Colonel said:
He signed a three year deal pete - It expires next year.

Should release him this year, how much is he being paid to lead our PL pack? Shame though, such wasted potential.

Glenn

First Grade
eelavation said:
where did you hear this? looks like Morris is eyeing of a Gold Coast contract.
The story about Guru and Morris is in the Telegraph today.

The Colonel

Immortal
Glenn said:
The story about Guru and Morris is in the Telegraph today.

Where is the bit about a one year deal for Morris?

* PARRAMATTA yesterday re-signed John Morris, Eric Grothe, Adam Peek, John Williams, Luke O'Dwyer and Henry Perenara.

"This is a great place to play footy, and when you look at the quality of players we have on long term deals, it was a pretty simple decision for me to re-sign," said Grothe, who has signed a new two year deal. "There is obviously a lot of tradition with the club and my family and it is great to be able to continue that."

Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald was last night delighted. "These players have played a great part in the on-field success of the team this year and their decision to remain at Parramatta shows the faith the players have in our future," he said.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15782151-23214,00.html

Grothe has a two year deal but nothing on Morris?

Has anyone thought that maybe parra only offered a 1 year deal to Morris as they want to see how Green or Marcus P. come along, they then have the opportunity to offer him a contract if the younger guys dont come good, and if the younger boys fire then we wont lose them and have people unhappy we let our juniors go.

The Colonel

Immortal
parraitdoesmatta said:
Has anyone thought that maybe parra only offered a 1 year deal to Morris as they want to see how Green or Marcus P. come along, they then have the opportunity to offer him a contract if the younger guys dont come good, and if the younger boys fire then we wont lose them and have people unhappy we let our juniors go.

Have we offered him a one year deal? The only info on deals I can find is that Grothe signed a two year deal. There isn't any info on the length of contracts for any other player.

The Colonel said:
Have we offered him a one year deal? The only info on deals I can find is that Grothe signed a two year deal. There isn't any info on the length of contracts for any other player.

I really dont know but i was trying to state that if he had signed a 1 year deal, maybe that was only offered by parra , maybe there is an option who knows, but i hate how people say that he signed 1 year to go to the gold coast, maybe this what parra offered him, this is why it took a while, who know.

the_eel

Juniors
parraitdoesmatta said:
I really dont know but i was trying to state that if he had signed a 1 year deal, maybe that was only offered by parra , maybe there is an option who knows, but i hate how people say that he signed 1 year to go to the gold coast, maybe this what parra offered him, this is why it took a while, who know.

You would think that Morris wouldn't accept a 1 year option from the Eels if he could have secured a more long-term/secure option elsewhere, unless (and this is all hypothetical at this stage because no one can confirm the length of his contract at this stage) he was looking to hook up with another Club (namely the Coast) in 12 months time.

Stagger eel

Staff member
stiff-meister eel said:
Why would he hook up with another club when he is combining well with Tim SMith?

it's called money!!...your only have a short life span in the game as a player and you need to get what ever you can financially out of it, who would of ever thought that Steve Price would leave the Dogs??

see what I mean.

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:
it's called money!!...your only have a short life span in the game as a player and you need to get what ever you can financially out of it, who would of ever thought that Steve Price would leave the Dogs??

see what I mean.

I'm hoping Johnny hasn't gone and spent all his money like Price did to need a big $$$ deal. I can't see us signing him to anything less than a two year deal unless he wants a crack at the Coast but nothing has been mentioned.

Glenn

First Grade
It was metioned on the radio this morning that he had signed a one year contract.

maybe parra have a 1 year deal with option, it seems what we are doing with our players a lot had/have this, eg morrison, widders, grothe last year, Pj and so on........

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Colonel said:
I'm hoping Johnny hasn't gone and spent all his money like Price did to need a big $$$ deal. I can't see us signing him to anything less than a two year deal unless he wants a crack at the Coast but nothing has been mentioned.

just a thought, but another option could be that they could not offer him what he wanted until 2007, due to our commitments in 2006.

we really have spent up big lately

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Maybe just Maybe all he was offered was a one year deal.....Brian Smith might have plans for a bloke by the name of Green stepping up....Morris is a great makeshift half...Green is a natural! Cant comprimise with that.

Kornstar

Coach
Maybe he is waiting for a Mr A Johns to leave Newcastle, i said it the other day when i thought he might leave, but if he has signed a one year deal i would think Newcastle are more likely to get him than the GC.......that is my opinion anyways.......

Latest posts