What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Year from the Boys!!!

Squae

Juniors
What a great year for the sharkies!!!, a dissapointing loss last night, BUT, still a big effort from everyone, the bye is a complete curse they looked rusty as.

Anyway, just posting as I haven't seen a thread yet, that states what a great year they have had, under adverse conditions.

GREAT YEAR FOR THE SHARKIES!!!!!, not first but really building now into a rock solid team, that whilst not flashy is a pleasure to support

tye

Juniors
True it was a great year, and it was good to be involved in the big games again, but sadly once again it ends in tears.....Oh well there is always next year!!!! f**k it!!!

Wozza

Juniors
What a great year for the sharkies!!!, a dissapointing loss last night, BUT, still a big effort from everyone, the bye is a complete curse they looked rusty as.

Anyway, just posting as I haven't seen a thread yet, that states what a great year they have had, under adverse conditions.

GREAT YEAR FOR THE SHARKIES!!!!!, not first but really building now into a rock solid team, that whilst not flashy is a pleasure to support
I for one am very proud of their effort this year, they made a huge improvement from previous years and with some solid signings will only get better next year.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Great 27 weeks + rubbish end = rubbish year.

I am sick of getting my hopes up, I know Gal was busted, no Bird, no Williams, no Buster but that was a rubbish performance. I dont think I have ever left a football stadium more dissapointed.

cityshark

Juniors
Its been a great performance to get this far, thats true. We are not the same level as Manly and Storm. I hope Ricky learnt the lesson last night and we can go to the next level.

spider

Coach
We over achieved this year but it was there to be taken. The Storm played terrible!!
yep - the storm side of earlier in the season would have put 70 on us last night

soft tries from soft defence

we were somewhere else mentally last night which is the disappointing part as ricky provides great preparation mentally for a game

Xsharks

Juniors

Squae - yeah a good year but they have dome this so many time before its like dangling the carat in front of you then nothing - I'd rather them bow B4 the finals rather than have everyones hopes up yet again and again and again ..................................... and again.

Quigs

Immortal
Highlight for me

We finished on top of the dirty stinking stains.

The little bros

see pic below for stats

Squae

Juniors
bad ending to the year but the mcintyre system is a joke the bye is a absolute killer, (yes Melbourne won last year, but they nearly lost coming off the bye)

Anyway, I can't wait to see the football they produce next season.

gregstar

Referee
it was a triumph of coaching.

stuart got the absolute best out of your squad.

intersting to see if tampon & toupon can make a difference.

will paris still be there?

cupid

Juniors

I don't think the bye is a curse, I think the way that you guys used it cost you.

azzah72

Bench
It was a good year, the best year we have had in a while and i think all the players will be better for it.

In saying that, to bow out like we did last night was so heart wrenching and frustrating, it's hard not to feel the whole year in completely undone by that one performance.

But next year is a beginning of a new era, let see how that pans out now.

Squae

Juniors
I don't think the bye is a curse, I think the way that you guys used it cost you.

The way we used it cost us, you are joking aren't you?

It is the EXACT same thing as a bye mid season, and it is common knowledge you come off a bye rusty as we did last night. The bye is a complete joke time for a new finals system because this one sucks

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
We over achieved this year but it was there to be taken. The Storm played terrible!!

Earlier in the season I would not have agreed, I would not have WANTED to agree, but I think last nights effort indicates you might be right. I hope it will not be the case next year. I hope we will be GENUINE contenders during the 09 season. Yes the team went well to get to the finals, but to crash out without scoring 1 point against the Storm, who were NOT at their best, is unacceptable.

Weaponhead

Coach
Last night's game sucked. We were terrible but with a day to put in perspecitive, I think that in Ricky Stuart's master plan we are 1 year ahead of schedule. At the start of the year, I reckon he would have thought a top 6 finish would be a success. I think he would have aimed for top 4 next year with a GF in 2010.

The fact that we got so far with a very limited squad is a testament to Ricky Stuart's ability as a coach. Next year he has bought in players that can improve the squad. There is no doubt that he will be identifying a strike centre as his next major purchase.

We can look forward to a stronger side next season with a good chance to go one better.

The way we used it cost us, you are joking aren't you?

It is the EXACT same thing as a bye mid season, and it is common knowledge you come off a bye rusty as we did last night. The bye is a complete joke time for a new finals system because this one sucks

I think what he was refering to was the whole incident that resulted in Buster on the sidelines.

unfortunately that was just a freak Accident... a freak named Nutley ;)

One player shouldnt cause the downfall of the whole team. We lost bird and played some very good football leading up to the finals. Losing a few more (even though Gallen was cleared the day before) didnt help get them into the right mind set... no matter how much Sticky assured us they were primed and ready.

Last night's game sucked. We were terrible but with a day to put in perspecitive, I think that in Ricky Stuart's master plan we are 1 year ahead of schedule. At the start of the year, I reckon he would have thought a top 6 finish would be a success. I think he would have aimed for top 4 next year with a GF in 2010.

The fact that we got so far with a very limited squad is a testament to Ricky Stuart's ability as a coach. Next year he has bought in players that can improve the squad. There is no doubt that he will be identifying a strike centre as his next major purchase.

We can look forward to a stronger side next season with a good chance to go one better.

Agree 100% with you Weapon.

Latest posts