What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest upsets of all time?

Eels dogs 1998 FTw

Eels ahead 18-2 with 10mins left. We’re sittting at the Paddington end of the ground and eels fans are giving it to us deluxe. We are playing like busteds, and it looked like the amazing wins against North Sydney at NSO and Newcastle at the SFS had caught up with us

Enter Rocket Rod Silva. The great man starts carving up, and Halligan starts potting them from the hot dog stand. :hotdog:Polly almost pots one from the 50m mark and ya dogs fans (that hadn’t left) start going nuts and hammering the arrogant eels fans. We go on to towel them...have never felt more excited in my RL following life and I spend the night wanking off to a picture of Darren Britt

We would’ve been 100/1 at 18-2 with 10 to go.

France destroying Australia in Australia in the 1951 test series is one of the true all-time upsets in RL. It marked a major period of navel gazing here about how the game was played. ‘The flat beer of Australian orthodoxy vs the champagne football of the French’ was how it was characterised. How we could do with a bit of that again...

axl rose

Bench
It has taken this long to mention 1995 Origin.

I am really that old that most people here didn't see watch those game :(
"I'm not going to part of such an embarrassment"- Bennett

Think what you will of Fatty but at least he put his hand up when no-one else would. Sure NSW were missing their Super Greed egos (Daley/ET/Stuart) but QLD had numerous park footballers.

axl rose

Bench
1989 playoff for 5th position: Cronulla v Broncos

Where is Dockings headgear. Not much of an upset. Broncos has capitulated in the 2nd half of the season to the rigors of Winfield Cup football. Bigger upset would be Raiders and Tigers both smashing minor premiers Souths.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Eels dogs 1998 FTw

Eels ahead 18-2 with 10mins left. We’re sittting at the Paddington end of the ground and eels fans are giving it to us deluxe. We are playing like busteds, and it looked like the amazing wins against North Sydney at NSO and Newcastle at the SFS had caught up with us

Enter Rocket Rod Silva. The great man starts carving up, and Halligan starts potting them from the hot dog stand. :hotdog:Polly almost pots one from the 50m mark and ya dogs fans (that hadn’t left) start going nuts and hammering the arrogant eels fans. We go on to towel them...have never felt more excited in my RL following life and I spend the night wanking off to a picture of Darren Britt

You forgot to mention the special performance by the opposition fullback which turned the tide.

bubs

Juniors
sharks on the bottom of the ladder and down 24-0 at halftime against premiers roosters. Win 30-28 with of ll people jeff robson producing the miracle game winner.
I remember this game. Sharks were paying 100-1 at half time at the TAB.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Eels dogs 1998 FTw

Enter Paul Carige....

Latest posts