What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

green & barba

jimmythehand

Juniors
What did everyone think of green as a lock? I think it added another dimension to our team - he seems more than capable in defence and created a few opportunities around the ruck.

And where does Barba fit into the team? I couldn't even work out where he was playing - was he on the wing? Where did the other players shuffle to? Is Barba an x-factor or should he be in the starting line-up? I think I'd like to see him at 5/8 and Ben Roberts the 'utility' off the bench.

Ridders

Coach
Barba, as you alluded to, was pretty much just floating around everywhere.

Robert's to the bench would be disapointing for me given how good I thought he could be this season.

Although tbf Barba has been one of our best players imo to start the season and if he can keep it up, then his good play should be rewarded.

gsweeper

Juniors
No, imo, Roberts was slowly playing himself back into form after yesterdays game, keep him starting otherwise his confidence would drop, thats what I think anyway. Roberts on his good days is one of the best 5/8 in the game, and I think yesterday was definitely a springboard for him to get back to his full potential. Whereas I would be more than happy to get Barba off the bench. He provides the spark just when we need it, at the end of the halves when the other teams are buggered. I think for the time being, having him run off the bench will see him make a lot more of an impact than starting

gsweeper

Juniors
oh, and I really thought Green played such a solid game, he really deserves to be in the top side.

Bulldog Force

Referee
He played very well. I will be very surprised if he's not starting against the Rabbitohs this week. Played awesome. Barba? Well, I got no idea what to say. He scored more tries (in FG) yesterday than he did in the entire 2009 season. Well done.

Packy

Bench
Green has been good for us in every game. I think he can fill a role in our team similar to Dean Young. Specifically backing up at hooker when needed and giving another option for running.

Barba should be content where he is at the moment. Still a work in progress and should definitely be given more time as the season goes on, but of the bench is still the spot at this stage.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
I would keep Green at lock. He was outstanding yesterday and Stagg looked at home in the second row as he did at lock.

Barba off the bench is perfect right now. He doesn't have to worry about a full game of pressure and he can just come on and unleash around the tired defenders late in the game. It's the perfect combination and Kev Moore is a genius for starting Green at lock.

ByRd

First Grade
Green was a surprise success on the weekend. The role he played worked well for us and it will be interesting to see if he will remain in our side especially when Hodgson, Paea, Warburton (i dont think he should be in the 17) return.

Barba the super sub? I hope you don't waste this guy like the dragons did with Tallis. Players want to play, not sit on the bench.
In saying that gradually giving barba more time slowly is the go.
If you put him out there for 80 mis he will be a pedestrian.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Barba is being groomed as our next fullback and we're doing the perfect thing by having him ease into NRL slowly off the bench.

gsweeper

Juniors
I don't care if the Dogs keep losing, as long as Barba is running out on that field i will keep watching....amazing player

Latest posts