What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenberg cleared over Tandy betting allegations

Stagger Lee

Bench
Should Todd Greenberg stand down ?

Following tonight's ABC 7:30 report where it was alleged that Todd Greenberg knew of Ryan Tandy betting on NRL games and took no action. He has also refused to be interviewed over the matter and given his job should he not be fronting the media straight away?. Given the seriousness of the allegations should he stand down while it is investigated?

Stagger Lee

Bench
Of course it should be noted it is ALLEGED and please guys lets save the mods some heartache buy not making him out to be guilty.

But these allegations are serious and surely he should have gone on TV and refuted these claims, he is not camera shy for sure!

There will be an investigation and while that takes place should he be carrying out his job?

2010Dragons

Bench
Todd Greenberg has the Bulldogs culture in him for life....wait.... he created that culture.
If it barks like a dog, walks like a dog, smells like a dog.....then we all know the rest.

El Diablo

Post Whore
DYLAN WELCH: Shell's evidence was that a few weeks later, he decided to alert the Bulldogs. At a cafe in Sydney's Homebush, he met Bulldogs football manager Alan Thompson and the club's CEO, Todd Greenberg. Greenberg is now the NRL's deputy chief executive. Shell said he showed them Tandy's betting ledger, which lists a series of losing bets on racing and rugby league matches. Despite being presented with evidence Tandy was betting on NRL matches, Shell said the pair told him to take the issue up with Tandy's manager. Greenberg and Thompson declined to be interviewed. Via a spokesman, Greenberg denied being told about Tandy's NRL betting plunge.
http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2014/s4000978.htm

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Todd Greenberg sounds like someone who would nominate an unraced Northern Meteor 2 year old for the Grand Annual Steeplechase

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Of course it should be noted it is ALLEGED and please guys lets save the mods some heartache buy not making him out to be guilty.

But these allegations are serious and surely he should have gone on TV and refuted these claims, he is not camera shy for sure!

There will be an investigation and while that takes place should he be carrying out his job?

So "lets not make him out to be guilty", but you start a thread suggesting he should stand down?

Make your mind up idiot.

Either way, IN the broadcast, it clearly said via a spokesperson that he denied any knowledge.

If the NRL integrity unit chooses to investigate it so be it but I have a feeling it'd be a waste of time...

Stagger Lee

Bench
So "lets not make him out to be guilty", but you start a thread suggesting he should stand down?

Make your mind up idiot.

Either way, IN the broadcast, it clearly said via a spokesperson that he denied any knowledge.

If the NRL integrity unit chooses to investigate it so be it but I have a feeling it'd be a waste of time...

Yes I do think he should stand down while these allegations are investigated given the serious nature of them. Gambling by insiders in sport is a potential cancer that needs to be dealt with openly, immediately and thoroughly, not swept under the carpet or carried out in a half arsed manner. By Todd standing down and letting the integrity unit investigate it quickly would be the best outcome.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
The way he stood Barba down until the smoke had cleared then rushed him back into the squad once the coast was clear changed my opinion of Greenberg . Before then I saw him as the benchmark where all CEOs needed to be and as an Eels fan I was envious of the dogs for having him , after that affair I saw him as a cunning win at all costs bullshit artist . I'm not saying the latter is bad as a NRL club CEO but it surely isn't what you want as a supposedly neutral administrator .

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
Really should be investigated by the Integrity Unit.

It is the purpose of having such a setup so why not use it?

POPEYE

Coach
Leave Todd alone, he'll be every bit as good for the game as Arthurson was, not sure why Hasler wants to be the new Bozo . . . he's far too good a coach to leave himself shortchanged