What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

greenfield a shark again

shadowboxer

First Grade
from smh

In other news, Cronulla yesterday scored a sizeable coup, snaring 110kg, 191cm Souths prop Michael Greenfield, who left the Sharks to play with the Rabbitohs at the end of 2004.
Greenfield, 20, agreed to a two-year deal with the Sharks and will officially put pen to paper on Monday, with chief executive Greg Pierce saying: "He could be anything."
The Sharks formally put an offer to North Queensland's State of Origin centre Josh Hannay yesterday.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how about that. Wonder what happened there. Villa to uk talk on money i guess

Inferno

Coach
shadowboxer said:
from smh

In other news, Cronulla yesterday scored a sizeable coup, snaring 110kg, 191cm Souths prop Michael Greenfield, who left the Sharks to play with the Rabbitohs at the end of 2004.
Greenfield, 20, agreed to a two-year deal with the Sharks and will officially put pen to paper on Monday, with chief executive Greg Pierce saying: "He could be anything."
The Sharks formally put an offer to North Queensland's State of Origin centre Josh Hannay yesterday.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how about that. Wonder what happened there. Villa to uk talk on money i guess

That asks more questions than it answers.

Hows he been going for them in PL?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Good to get greenfield back.

At least it wasnt a waste 2 seasons ago prepping him for first grade.
Will come back better next year with an off season of Sharks training under his belt.
unfit.

bluey

Bench
Well if he aims up a front row rotation of him ross and douglas sounds ok to me.
Fair bit of size there.

He's come back to the Sharks with his tail between his legs.

Thought he'd be a starting prop at Souths and broke his neck to get there.

Has only gone backwards in development as a Footy player since the move.

Drops the ball nearly every time he gets it.

Apparently was not well liked by alot of Sharks players when he left.

So his move back will make things very interesting.

Unfortunately it looks like we're going to lose experienced hard heads in Stosic,Villa and hutch for Stapleton,Greenfield and resigning Selmes.

Good business????

coolumsharkie

Referee
Couldn't be much worse than the ones in the red D.S.

I'm glad he's come back to the Sharks, had heaps of potential and still does imo.

shadowboxer

First Grade
stosic and villa will be dissapointing to see go, but hutch, please he is well past it. Why mr roper wouldnt give villa a go over hutch is beyond me.

pogo

Juniors
:lol:

sharks recruitement / retention it just get funnier by the minute.

dont mention the war basil!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Dragon Slayer said:
He's come back to the Sharks with his tail between his legs.

Apparently was not well liked by alot of Sharks players when he left.

The shiitt you talk still even shocks me.

What a load of complete & utter bullshyte.

I think its a good move getting Greenfield back.

There has been a massive player turnover in the lower grades in the last two years so i dont think he would have any outstanding issues with any players.

He is still only young and was an OZ schoolboys so the potential is enourmous. As said a solid pre season with the sharks will do wonders for him and he will definately provide some good value.

I am really liking our forwards at the moment for 2007. We have a long term pack on our hands with an awsome mix of experience and youth.

Macca

Coach
Exactly right Hodgo, a pack of the future has been put together, it could stay together for 6 or 7 years

Inferno

Coach
I was thinking the same thing actually.

Hutch is no loss. I want his spot to go to Loo Loo when he's fit.

Villa hasn't done that much considering he's been with us not for almost 3 months. Whether he will ever get back to what he was is still up for debate. Right now he is a PL player and should be paid as such.

Stosic stepped up when Ben Ross went down but I reckon with a signings and current talent we can cover the loss of all 3 if they decide to leave.

spider

Coach
Macca said:
Exactly right Hodgo, a pack of the future has been put together, it could stay together for 6 or 7 years

AS well some good prospects in the lower grades - Ropoeta/Fox. Both started in Flegg and if it was not for the fact that Fox sustained injury he would be in PL now. Ropoeta is now in PL - both seem to have a good instinct and aggression.