What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenshields

glockers

Juniors
How did he go? I am a Tigers fan and he used to be a Wests player in the lower grades. I was looking forward to seeing him have a chance but was unable to watch the game. Hope he played well.

Chanandalar

Juniors
He played awesome, made at least 3 great fullback tackles, one on one situations. Unlucky to be playing under hornby otherwise he would probably be in first grade.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I was originally critical of Brown that he didn't drop Torrens to keep Greenshields in the team. However, after seeing the effect Hornby had and Torrens chiming in, I believe he made the right decision.

Torrens really surprised me tonight, if he can keep it up I will put him in the same class as the John Carlaw and Lincoln Withers signing categories.

Collateral

Coach
Greenshields is an awesome player but I cant see him staying at the Dragons beyond this season as his contract runs out and he is stuck behind Ben Hornby and Trent Barrett here.

I was happy with the signing of Torrens and Im even happier that it is obviously working out for us.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Drew-Sta said:
I was originally critical of Brown that he didn't drop Torrens to keep Greenshields in the team. However, after seeing the effect Hornby had and Torrens chiming in, I believe he made the right decision.

Torrens really surprised me tonight, if he can keep it up I will put him in the same class as the John Carlaw and Lincoln Withers signing categories.

Lincoln and John Carlaw are not in the same class as Torrens.

Torrens scores tries, sets them up, and looks likely to make a break, the other two were steady footballers.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Torrens has done that for one game this season, the others he's been ordinary.

And calling Lincoln Withers a steady footballer is incorrect. He was very creative for us around the rucks, and often set up tries for us at Hooker last year. An indication of his creativity is Canberra playing him at Half, and they're not going too bad this season at all.

I'll agree that John Carlaw was a 'steady' footballer, but then again, he often played on the wing and simply caught the ball and put it over the line. Why Saints players liked him was he was injury free and defended well.

Torrens, on the other hand, reminds me of Owen Craigie i.e. too tubby for his own good. Never liked him at Manly, and always believed him to be a dodgy footy players. HOWEVER, he impressed me on Saturday night, and considering it took most Saints players at least 10 rounds to warm up to Withers and Carlaw as well as see their worth to the side, that's why I've put them in the same class.

The same is said for Manu, who is controlling his agression well and not giving away the truckload of penalties he did at Souths last year. We're beginning to see his worth as well.