What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird is gone big time

dice

Juniors
What a cheap shot. This will have to be the longest suspension seen in a while.

Woods

Juniors
Penelope Pittstop said:
Shane Marteene just scored. Good for him. Great result for Souths too.

Sounds like it was pretty bad Dice.

It was a friggin disgrace. if he plays again this year it'll be a joke.

And I'd just like to point this out. About 5 minutes before Greg Bird got sent off i posted this on the Dogs debate page:

Name: Woods
Date: Saturday, 03rd April 2004, 09:02:21 PM
Cronulla

Is there a more ill disciplined stupid side in the competition than the Sharks? They just defy belief every week. Constant backchat, infringing at the play the ball, inside the ten.

Some of the stuff Kimmorley has questioned the referee on and complained about this evening has just blown my mind. Bailey was about 2 metres offside right next to the ref. He got called back and still got involved. He's penalised. Then Kimmwhorely asks why he has to come back to the ref because if he does the opposing player will get more metres.

Umm, Brett, he has to come back to GET ONSIDE! Useless midget!

He should stop playing football and take up his true calling in life: A Mr. Potato Head impersonator.

Then imagine my surprise when Bird went into action! I had to follow up with this:

Name: Woods
Date: Saturday, 03rd April 2004, 09:11:18 PM
re: Cronulla :: follow up to post by Woods [ref]

And just when i thought they couldn't get any worse along comes Greg Bird! I'd give that the rest of the season if i was on the judiciary. Friggin disgraceful act!

I pledge to never tip the Sharks again this year. Dumbest team in the competition!

I think we have a new winner of worst cheap shot merchant in the competition. Unbelievable!

Woods

Juniors
DRRRAGONS said:
What would you get for that type of offence?

Well i don't think they have to grade it because he was sent off. he just has to front the judiciary and explain himself. What explanation can there possibly be? he should do everyone a favour, put his hand up, say 'I'm a d#ckhead' and suspend himself for the season.

dice

Juniors
DRRRAGONS said:
What would you get for that type of offence?

An unprovoked and intentional knee to the face whilst the other player wasn't looking. I'd hate to think how much that would be worth. It could be anything.

He kneed Marteene in the face, just as the tackle was being completed.

You won't find any Cronulla fans defending him. I wish Chris Anderson could be brought in as a co-defendant though for teaching them this dirty rubbish... :evil:

Woods

Juniors
Penelope Pittstop said:
:shock: I knew he kneed him, but I thought it may have been in play. Not as he was getting up. sheesh....

When you see it, it'll blow your mind. he was a little way away from Marteene and then came back in, kicked out and struck Marteene straight in the head with his knee.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Im yet to see it but if its like its been explained nothing less than 12 weeks will be suffienient

Latest posts