What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird

Sir Biffo

Bench
Is he now in a sky blue jumper for life? Looked like he was born to play origin out there tonight.

No "impact" bullsh*t, he needs to be starting lock next year.

spacemanspiff

Juniors
Yeah, never seen someone so comfortable in a Blues jersey so quickly.

I think it's easy to overlook the fact that he came into a team that was under the pump, played in a crucial position that he doesnt play in club football - and dominated.

The guy is born for Origin football.

Stonecutter

First Grade
He is a much better lock running down the left with his step and swerve. He's still only 23 as well so plenty more games for Birdy.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
played a very good game. problem is played like an individual. needed a good halfback with him.

spacemanspiff said:
Yeah, never seen someone so comfortable in a Blues jersey so quickly.

I think it's easy to overlook the fact that he came into a team that was under the pump, played in a crucial position that he doesnt play in club football - and dominated.

The guy is born for Origin football.
how about the messiah sir barge arse?

Parraren

Bench
I thought he was excellent. His enthusiasm and aggressiveness rubbed off on everyone in the side. Gallen was also very good.

Parraren

Bench
Geohood said:
He is not a 5/8 but hes surely cemented a position in the team.

Yep, even more reason to be impressed with him. He'll be the number 13 next year if he keeps up his form and hopefully Mullen with another full season under his belt will be somewhere in the 6 or 7.

Carney could be a darkhorse as well for a spot in the halves next year. The kid has talent.

Alex28

Coach
Great lock indeed - however he created nothing in the halves in attack. Hopefully next year they'll put him in the 13 and put 2 genuine form halves in the squad instead of what was lucky to win tonight...

Parraren

Bench
Agree 100% Alex.

Alot of football to be played between now and next June but we will definiteley have to stick our necks out and give some young talent a decent go in the halves.

It would be nice to have someone like Trent Barret still around to partner with Mullen but unfortunately we don't have that luxury.

Alex28

Coach
6. Mullen
7. Carney

9. Farah

13. Bird

Build the forwards around them and they will dominate. Just have to make up the sh*tty depth of backs we have - our centres this year were rubbish.

league

Juniors
Bird must be in the starting 13 next year. Farah must also be the starting hooker. Carney>Mullen.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought he was great tonight, playing out of posistion but still looked at home out there. Plenty more origin games for him and Gallen.

Engine

Juniors
This guys career was set for the scrapheap not that long ago. I thought he was an overrated neville back in the ando days.
Totally different footballer whose career has come full circle. Well done!!!

Engine

Juniors
This guys career was set for the scrapheap not that long ago. I thought he was an overrated neville back in the ando days.
Totally different footballer whose career has come full circle. Well done!!!

Latest posts