What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis backs Damien Cook for how he got us going

Rabbits20

Immortal
That article should stop Diego in his tracks.

"We already had a good quality hooker but it's a reflection of how Souths are recruiting"

I'm lmao.

Oi Shadow, we've got their measure.

Shadow and I are pretty much the only 2 that said Cook should be there and I'm confident that's what Madge will do. Maybe Callmack agrees I hope but apart from that......

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thanks for posting bunny bro. It's good that we have 2 good hookers at the club.
What's good is that GI himself said Cook got us going.

GI would know as he was on the field.

Diego can't handle it.

GI has spoken!!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Welcome to this thread Callmack.

The thread of truth telling from GI himself which backs up what I was saying.

But no, I'm wrong. Cook was just ok and he's not a first grader blah blah..............

I know I'm right Callmack and what GI says counts.

I can't understand alien and Callmack all the hate for Cook but the love for duds McTortoise and Tyrrell who's used by date has passed.

alien

Referee
I like Cook, but since teams only have 8 interchanges during the match, Madge might not want to use up 2 of them by having a hooker on the interchange, when we already use 4 just for the prop rotation. If our second rowers were to play 80 mins then it would be fine having Cook on the interchange. Time will tell I guess.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I like Cook, but since teams only have 8 interchanges during the match, Madge might not want to use up 2 of them by having a hooker on the interchange, when we already use 4 just for the prop rotation. If our second rowers were to play 80 mins then it would be fine having Cook on the interchange. Time will tell I guess.
Madge may move Farah to lock to give Sam a rest when Cook comes on.

I think Cook has to be in the side alien.

alien

Referee
Madge may move Farah to lock to give Sam a rest when Cook comes on.
It's possible but I think Clark will be on the interchange instead.

Say our forward pack is:

props: Tom Burgess and Musgrove
hooker: Farah
second row: Sutton and Rochow
lock: Sam Burgess

interchange: Clark, Crichton, George Burgess, Cherrington

T. Burgess and Musgrove are replaced by G. Burgess and Cherrington around the 20th minute.
Rochow is replaced by Crichton around the 30th minute.
Sam Burgess is replaced by Clark around the 30th min.
Sutton is replaced by S. Burgess around the 50th min, but Sam moves to lock and Clark moves to second row
George Burgess and Cherrington are replaced by Tom Burgess and Musgrove around the 60th minute.
That leaves 1 interchange. Maybe Sutton or Rochow could come back on towards the end of the game (replacing Clark or Crichton in the second row) but all of this is assuming no one gets injured during the match.

doyen

Bench
In the link below is an article of truth telling with words from GI about Cook and how he really got us going at the back end of last season.

GI is a truth teller!!!!!!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...r/news-story/0627622898db6ebc1149098653b43b85

You didn't expect GI to say that Zeroman was a shit-kicker,did you!!! The"back end of the season" says it all.

No pressure;Sths had nothing to lose;we took some chances & achieved some success. Sths weren't the only club to unleash their players at this time & there were many upsets in the last few rounds. It's fairly typical stuff!!! The "also-ran" teams become nuisance value as they have nothing to lose! It's easier to perform when there is no pressure.

DiegoNT

First Grade

alien

Referee
You didn't expect GI to say that Zeroman was a shit-kicker,did you!!! The"back end of the season" says it all.

No pressure;Sths had nothing to lose;we took some chances & achieved some success. Sths weren't the only club to unleash their players at this time & there were many upsets in the last few rounds. It's fairly typical stuff!!!

I don't think we would have been as good towards the end of the season with McInnes at hooker. It all starts with quick service from dummy half and Cook gave quicker service. It allowed the forwards to do their job better and we started getting a roll on. Farah will probably be the hooker, and Cook will probably be a fine backup hooker when Farah is playing Origin or if he gets injured. Cook will learn a lot off Farah, and may take over the hooker spot after Farah's 2 years at Souths.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
alien is doing a back flip
B9317377626Z.1_20150519180220_000_G4PARAF1V.1-0.jpg

doyen

Bench
I don't think we would have been as good towards the end of the season with McInnes at hooker. It all starts with quick service from dummy half and Cook gave quicker service. It allowed the forwards to do their job better and we started getting a roll on. Farah will probably be the hooker, and Cook will probably be a fine backup hooker when Farah is playing Origin or if he gets injured. Cook will learn a lot off Farah, and may take over the hooker spot after Farah's 2 years at Souths.

Both McInnes & Zeroman were tight- leashed by the coach until Sths were definitely gone. They were programmed to play a certain way--controlled. McInnes may well have shown a more creative side in an unleashed environment at season's end!!

McI's stats were more impressive than Zeroman's for the bulk of the season in the REAL stuff!! This included a tougher defensive effort[not just flopping];scoring 4 tries & making 5 linebreaks; as opposed to ZERO in these depts for ZEROMAN!!
I think Zeroman is a bit of a cream-puff,a marshmallow--the type of player that big opposition forwards relish targetting!!
GI is obviously trying to build up Zeroman's confidence!

Last edited:

alien

Referee
Both McInnes & Zeroman were tight- leashed by the coach until Sths were definitely gone. They were programmed to play a certain way--controlled. McInnes may well have shown a more creative side in an unleashed environment at season's end!!

Doyen, you overexaggerate when you talk about Madge having the players programmed. You are really just making excuses for McInnes, and I'm not buying it. Cook didn't even have to be super creative. He was just giving quick service to the forwards, which made their job easier, which then made it easier for the halves, which then made it easier for the outside backs.

Latest posts