What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis Scored His...

bula_stormer

Juniors
Dang from what i hear or mostly read from you guys this guy must be something special, but Steve Turner had just as many wraps on him.

MONY

Juniors
trust me mate he will be better than turner if he already isnt now. ive seen some footage of him playing and he just beats his opposing man with speed and strength. imagine a justin hodges figure who actually runs at full pace.

Marduk

Juniors
From, www.QRL.com.au

Wounded Storm to call up G.I.?

NORTHS coach Wayne Treleaven joked he was trying to keep star back Greg Inglis secret from onlooker Craig Bellamy after the Melbourne Storm’s big 36-16 loss to Penrith on Friday.

However it seemed Inglis wasn’t willing to co-operate, scoring his second hat-trick of the season as Norths ran away 44-12 winner over Central at Bishop Park.

If for some reason Bellamy hadn’t noticed Inglis’s half-page picture in the Sunday newspaper, he probably would have noted the plucky talent’s nine tries in four previous games and the constant accolades from the coaching fraternity.

Of course, Inglis extended his record to 12 tries in five games – doubling anybody else in the Queensland Cup – and kicked four goals to boot.

“Yeah I couldn’t hide Greg from Craig,” said Treleaven, aware Norths’ NRL affiliates are likely to call up Inglis soon.

“He played a bit in the centres and at fullback again today, but I mean the kid can just play, no matter where they pick him.”

Despite growing attention, Treleaven said Inglis remained a ‘humble, good lad’ and did not need to be shielded from his success.

The 187cm, 98 kg teenager made it hard for teammates to steal the show, but captain Anthony Boyd at least made a fist of things, turning in an outstanding display.

Aaron Bulow and Josh Graham were also potent as the Devils upheld an unbeaten record against the Comets at Bishop Park.

With a completion rate of only 47 per cent, Norths led 22-0 at halftime and marched on with the effort in the second half.

The result places Norths third on the ladder, while Central is in tenth.

Central hosts Easts at Browne Park next Sunday, while Norths has the bye before returning for a tough stretch against Toowoomba, Wynnum, Easts and Burleigh.

NORTHS 44 (Greg Inglis 3, Josh Graham 2, Steve Irwin 2, Ryan Shortland, Brent Mulholland tries; Greg Inglis 4 goals) beat CENTRAL 12 (Herewini Rangi, David Nixon tries; Herewini Rangi 2 goals).

http://qrl.com.au/display.php?pg_id=173

Go the Devils! You guys have a good player on your hands here, I hope he does well.

if he was the sole kicker in that game, 4/9 isn't good. I think we'll see GI in a Storm jersey in two weeks if Slater is picked.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Thunderstruck said:
if he was the sole kicker in that game, 4/9 isn't good. I think we'll see GI in a Storm jersey in two weeks if Slater is picked.

better than 2/7 or whatever irwin got the week before when he cost us the match

fccasual

Juniors
isn't this kid making his debut againest souths soon, is he the sbw of the backs , read he was upto 23 tries in 12 games in the cup or something not bad eh

oxenham

Juniors
Yeah, he is playing for Souths. But he's already made his debut against Parramatta earlier this year, this will be his second NRL game.

Alan Shore

First Grade
I've heard he's quite similar to a young David Peachey. I saw him at the Eels-Storm game live and IMO he has the goods, no question about it.

Alba

Coach
the boy has serious talent imo like i was staring on in awe of him at the Souths game and i wanted to abuse him for being so good but i just couldnt he had me gobsmacked!

Alba

Coach
for both reasons Early boy but when he was on the field it was only his performance .. it was when he was comin off that i had to wipe the drool off of my chin! =P~

Latest posts