What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis

GI Cordial

Juniors
Guys, Wow what a game from G.I last night, Since he has become Captain of the team he has not only played better but lifted the team with him and 100% record as Captain.

southsport

First Grade
I just replayed that second try to Souths........absolutely amazing effort from GI, Sam too and Reyno's kick was perfect.

doyen

Bench
If things are fair-dinkum GI should be Capt;as it obviously inspires him to his top form.
But how does one tap JS on the shoulder at this stage of the season to advise of his demotion as leader.It will not be easy either to oust GI as Capt; when you consider how well the team is performing.
The only way out of this leadership dilemma,,sadly,is to drop JS altogether!!This could easily be justified considering the performances of our halves in recent weeks plus our wealth of forward strength.
After a long lay-off like JS's it will be very hard to justify his selection in this team as a back or forward.
I think Maguire has some very hairy decisions to make!!

Last edited:
I've been watching us build as a team this year and I've been amazed at how different we are to the team that went around last year.

Last year, Inglis was the foundation stone of our attack. Everything good either started or finished with him. When he was injured in origin, we were done for the year, then and there.

This year, he's been much quieter. Just chiming in when needed.... Until these last two weeks. The exciting thing is that we've been doing well without him really being heavily involved anyway. Now that he is hitting form, it is scary how far we may be able to go.

Hopefully he can stay fit and firing for the rest of the season. If he can keep this form up, we are a big chance of going all the way.

doyen

Bench
You betcha--no doubt we are a much better side.We have discovered the "perfect" balance in the last few weeks with Keary at 5/8 & GI as Captain.
I would be loathe to upset this apple-cart by attaching different drivers.
I feel sorry for JS but really,the way this team is now firing, he should probably be on the outer.

The Chello

Juniors
GI has been a leader of this team whether he has the official (c) next to his name or not. Sutton doesn't deserve to be stripped of his captaincy simply because he has been injured. His form was ok up until then. Yes the side has performed well in his absence but he doesn't deserve to be shafted from the side altogether - he is a much better player than other players on the bench etc. Madge may start him on the bench when he comes back but he certainly deserves to be in the side. The players respect Sutton and leaving him our will cause some disharmony I would think but I don't think that's going to happen at all.

The Chello

Juniors
I just replayed that second try to Souths........absolutely amazing effort from GI, Sam too and Reyno's kick was perfect.

the second effort to receive the ball from Sam was 1st class. The thing about Inglis is his humility. He is a champion player but he commands so much respect and admiration as to the way he now handles himself on and off the field.

Rabbits20

Immortal
the second effort to receive the ball from Sam was 1st class. The thing about Inglis is his humility. He is a champion player but he commands so much respect and admiration as to the way he now handles himself on and off the field.

It does not matter in regards to captaincy. John Sutton and Greg Inglis are both leaders and will probably co captain next year. John Sutton shouldn't be scrapped from the team he should play 50 mins in the back row and I'm sure this is what Madge will do. I would rather have Sutton and his passion on the field over Te'o.

Sutton will be effective in the back row if he keeps it simple and offloads.

Galeforce

Bench
I believe GI should stay as captain.
Could be bad karma to change a very successful formula at this time of the year.
No doubt the halves should stay as Reynolds/Keary.

Leaves John Sutton returning in the second row and being part of the bench rotation.JS must adapt to being a ball runner.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Could be bad karma to change a very successful formula at this time of the year.

Leaves John Sutton returning in the second row and being part of the bench rotation.JS must adapt to being a ball runner.

Madge I think will have Sutton captain while he is on the field. While Sutton is on the bench GI will take over. So they will be co captains. If Sutton does not interfere with our halves we will be fine. Strong running and the occasional offload is what Sutton needs to do.

southsport

First Grade

Someone on another forum suggested that GI remain as team captain and Sutton as club captain.

Latest posts