What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Mail & Matt Elliott Acheive Rare Feats

Anonymous

Juniors
Both players have scored hundreds in both innings of their respective Pura Cup games.

Mail with 128 & 152*

Elliott scored 166 and 102*

Being a NSWelshman this will probably be enough to see Mail tour with Australia :roll:

Matt23

Staff member
Mail wont tour...but then neither will Bill lawry, sorry Matt Elliott.

Anonymous

Juniors
I was actually thinking that for real about Mail today.

He's been in form for a while now and he's a far better player than many people give him credit for.

SirShire

First Grade
Bullshit. I like Symonds alot and would love to see him play test, but his form isnt as deserving as Elliott's has been.

Anonymous

Juniors
Timbo said:
I was actually thinking that for real about Mail today.

He's been in form for a while now and he's a far better player than many people give him credit for.

How did I know you were going to say that :lol:

Seriously if one of these Vics fail to tour, it is a travesty.

And for the record I am NOT a Vics fan ;-)

PB

Bench
Used to play with and against Maily. Boring as batsh!t to watch bat, but blood y hard to get out also.

He hasnt been in the same form this year as last, probably had something to do with the constant changing of partners he has had to deal with at the other end.

Good to see him pick up two tons this week

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah.........from what I have seen of him on TV, he bats very slow, and normally gets dropped for the ING cup games.

Red Bear

Referee
Im actually starting to think playing for NSW makes it harder to tour, cos they want it more spread out, despite the fact that NSW produces the best players. Clarke Missed out tho and so did Haddin for Secombe n Symonds. Secombe i can understand but Symonds over Clarks :roll:

Iafeta

Referee
The fact he's probably been the best Australian one day batsman for the past year aside from Ponting shouldn't have anything to do with his selection, should it??

Greg Mail is well behind Mike Hussey, Martin Love, Brad Hodge. Mike's brother is another who has more to offer than Greg. Martin Love is the unluckiest bloke going around. Solid as a rock.

SirShire

First Grade
And Herb has just put Victoria into a position challenging a spot in the ING Cup final. 72 off 67, and well batted by Hodge and Moss aswell!

Anonymous

Juniors
Iafeta said:
The fact he's probably been the best Australian one day batsman for the past year aside from Ponting shouldn't have anything to do with his selection, should it??

The best after ponting? Please.