What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Re-Signs

Jasdragon

Juniors
Good for RL and Storm bad for the other sides :( even though contracts me f**k all anymore. Don't know how the Storm are still under the cap with 4 marquee players on big money in the team???

Last edited:

Ice777

Bench
Don't know how the Storm are still under the cap with 4 marquee players on big money in the team???

Because other players have signed on to stay with us for less. It's no secret that Cronk, Johnson, Lima, Manu, Blair and the like could've got much more in some cases to sign elsewhere but thought being part of a successful club is worth more to them than money.

I keep hearing people questioning how the Storm manage to keep all these players but rarely hear that we've lost/losing due to cap restrictions like Folau, Crocker, Kaufusi, Smith, Tagatese, Aubusson, King, Cross, Newton, Crossman and that's just the last 2 years. I'm not complaining about that, it's the way it works and losing players is to be expected but it might explain how we can keep the players we do.

Good for RL and Storm bad for the other sides :( even though contracts me f**k all anymore. Don't know how the Storm are still under the cap with 4 marquee players on big money in the team???

Don't dredge this crap up again...we have lost a ton of players but retained our key players...enough said.:roll:

Jasdragon

Juniors
The Dragons have lost far more than you have over the years. I think the storm get to many cap benefits for playing in Melbourne.