What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grit, Guts, Passion, Pride, TEAM!

Nothing makes me happier than watching something like that.

People who do not understand how we won the 05 Grand Final just need to watch the game we just won.

You can see it in their eyes, "I am not gonna let my TEAM mates down".

I am that proud of my team right now.

Go you Tigers!

bjm8

Juniors
Makes you think we will go a lot better this year, when you compare that game to the game in townsville last year when we capitulated. the kids showed some real courage, defended brilliantly and never gave up even with 12 men. awesome display and a brilliant start to the season.

Very good performance, best in a while. Copped a few dud calls which hurt us a lot (Harrison to the bin for one), but held strong, if we can play like that every week, we'll be there come September for sure.

chopsy_05

Juniors
Yeah it was strange that Harrison got sent for 10 for third man in when Thurston didn't when he was 3rd man in in the first half after the Payne high tackle.

alien

Referee
I really enjoyed that one. Wests Campbelltown went nuts!!!

Imagine how good they'll be when they stop giving away so many penalties and dropping the ball so much. Also when they get players back like Marshall, Head, Collis, Tuiaki, Gibbs, O'Hara. We got plenty of depth this year :)

BRING ON THE DOGS

alien

Referee
Another thing. Robbie Farah is brillant! If he isn't in the origin team then I think there will be rioting in NSW!!!!

Ice-Tiger

Juniors
It was great to see the boys grind out such a gutsy win.

We won this game through our gritty defence. The defensive training we did during the off-season has come through.

We seem to be a better team overall with greater depth as well.

simmo1

First Grade
alien said:
Another thing. Robbie Farah is brillant! If he isn't in the origin team then I think there will be rioting in NSW!!!!

I'd be happy to see NSW pick Bedsy, because that means we still get Farah every week.

Who gives a f**k about NSW if the Tigers are winning?

Our best win since 05 .. especially considering what we are missing
Benji
Collis
TNT
Gibbs
Hodgo for a chunk of the game

I think we are getting the balance right in the pack between no nonsense meat and potatoes forwards and the more crafty types in the pack. Payne, Galea and Heighington are giving us the workrate and platform to do this. Heighno has been unbelievable the last 2 yrs. His yardage stats are now up there with the best in the game and he is a true 80 minute player.

innsaneink

Referee
Estoboy said:
better than beating the Dragons in the semi's?

Theyre different types of wins.

Theres the GF as well.

We were on a massive roll in the saints semi.

The defence early on last nite is probably the best Ive seen.
There wasnt any adversity in 05, we were up against a sh*tload of it last nite.

Gus22

Juniors
Best regular season win IMO was last year against Melbourne in Gosford.

- Playing against unbeaten comp leaders, who were the best team the previous year, & about to become premiers.
- Hodgo pulls out only hours before before kick off (flu).
- Benji does his shoulder 10 mins in.

Won that game convincingly despite all of the above. Last nights game runs second mainly because the Cows are nowhere near the quality of the Storm (at least not at the moment).

super_coach

First Grade
Iam not getting carried away, its only round two but with the injury toll playing away in townsville,six day turn around you have to be impressed. I think Payne and Geala have made a big difference to the pack in terms of defence. The new interchange rule is probably suited to our style of football team. I just want to see how they go against a big pack with players who have good offloads ie Warriors and Sharks before getting too carried away

Spot on supercoach ... we now have a bit of balance in the pack ... a very very good mix. Add to that Heighno is now one of the elite second rowers playing. If some f**king tool like Hindmarsh or Ryan was playing like Heighno every week there'd be calls for them to be made an immortal. He is playing 80 mins, leading the yardage and would be right up there in the tackling stats.. He has been superb the last 2 years

Latest posts