What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Groom signs with Dogs

Broomball#1

Juniors
The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs and promising utility player Aaron Groom from the Manly Sea Eagles have agreed to a two-year deal.

Groom, 20, was born in Fiji and has played with the Sea Eagles from Harold Matthews level through to Premier League. He is currently a member of their fulltime squad.

Commenting on the signing Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said, “Aaron was outstanding in a losing side when our Premier League team beat the Sea Eagles a few weeks ago.

“He has good pace and the ability to play a number of key positions including half back, five eighth and hooker which made him an attractive package to us.”

This year the Bulldogs have extended the contracts of Hazem El Masri, Daniel Holdsworth, Corey Hughes, Ben Roberts, Luke Thompson, Matt Utai, Sonny Bill Williams and Tim Winitana and signed Leon Bott, Charlie Leaeno, Conrad Ta’akimoeaka, Justin Tsoulos and Michael Sullivan.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=1191

Has anyone seen him play before? How does he go?

D

Deleted member 10972

Bulldogs are going to have great depth in the halves next year with Roberts, Sherwin, Groom & Holdsworth.

Jeez, us Roosters are down a half, can we have one?

Abz

Juniors
The Mack said:
Bulldogs are going to have great depth in the halves next year with Roberts, Sherwin, Groom & Holdsworth.

You chooks have already taken Myles, Anasta and O'Meley from us. I dare say you back off ;-)

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
da_greekbulldog said:
wattta top player he would play great as hooker

Manly have been playing him a hooker in order to improve his defense (so when he goes back in the halves, he knows how to tackle and tackle a lot), and he is still a long way off being a good defender.

His attack is pretty good, kinda like a Marshall with good skills with the ball in his hands, making holes for himself. I don't think he has the best organising skills, though.

Manly were bringing him through the grades slowly, and I don't think he is near first grade yet.

He just chased the money.

Abz

Juniors
I doubt he chased the money Cliffy. You should know how our management works by now with the likes of signing SBW, Maitua and Mason - get them while they're young ;)

steven_tiger

Juniors
The Mack said:

We have none - give us Roberts back ;-)

dikefalos#2

Juniors
abz said:
I doubt he chased the money Cliffy. You should know how our management works by now with the likes of signing SBW, Maitua and Mason - get them while they're young ;)

i can tell you now he definately chased the dollars as he didnt want to leave the eagles but the money was too good to refuse well over the 100k in fact. bulldogs management bucked the trend on this one as they really wanted the kid. but i tell you what he really needs to improve his defence as it is terrible close to the line.

aqua_duck

Coach
dikefalos#2 said:
i can tell you now he definately chased the dollars as he didnt want to leave the eagles but the money was too good to refuse well over the 100k in fact. bulldogs management bucked the trend on this one as they really wanted the kid. but i tell you what he really needs to improve his defence as it is terrible close to the line.
They probably signed grrom because they failed to sign luke walsh. I know walsh was offered around the 100k mark, so grrom was probably offered the same

MrT

Juniors
CliffyIsGod said:
Manly have been playing him a hooker in order to improve his defense (so when he goes back in the halves, he knows how to tackle and tackle a lot), and he is still a long way off being a good defender.

His attack is pretty good, kinda like a Marshall with good skills with the ball in his hands, making holes for himself. I don't think he has the best organising skills, though.

Manly were bringing him through the grades slowly, and I don't think he is near first grade yet.

He just chased the money.

Yeah he chased the money like Lyon, Kennedy, Orford, Bell, Kite

Latest posts