What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe and origin

Tommax25

Bench
IMO Gidley is a better fullback than Stewart.

Id say gidley has a better all-round game (ie: getting involved wherever he is needed) and more energy to his game than stewart, but not a better fullback. Positionally stewart is excellent, is one of the fastest players in the game, he drops only 1 or 2 bombs a year and is the best in the business at scoring trys in the nrl atm. Almost everything you want from a fullback (he doesnt bring it back as hard as I would like). Whether he will be available is another story. If he is, Id say he is at fullback and gidley at 6/7/14, particuarly as that was the plan last year before his injury.

As for grothe he is in decent enough form but I just think nsw wont pick him for some reason.

P.S. I had to add in the "trys" part when I re-read it :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
If he keeps up his current form sure, but that's a big if. I doubt he'll be selected. They'd pick Hayne on the wing before Grothe. While Hayne maybe playing 5'8th he's still a better winger than most of their other options.

Phillips

Referee
Gidley is either fullback or not in the team at all.

in saying that i'd have brett stewart at the back

1. Stewart
2. Hayne
4. Cooper

i'd love to see Grothe in the backline.. not sure about the other centre, possibly Jennings/Lawrence.

natheel

Coach
Well he is playing way better than Anthony Quinn at present and with Hayne playing 5/8 i doubt NSW will pick him as a winger.

only 3 games in, but i do hope he keeps it up!!!
hayne is looking uninterested in being out on the field in my opinion

Ladmate

Bench
And Grothe NEEDS A DEFENSIVE CENTER. He will never get picked without one.
1.Gidley
2.Lawrence
3.Monaghan
4.Cooper
5.Grothe

Best team that I could come up with.

SDM

First Grade
Gidley may be less skillful, but is a better fullback for SOO. He puts in harder, Stewart has shown he cant bring down Inglis on his own, he is like Bowen, a good club player.

Binga

Juniors
1. Mckinnon
2. Hayne
3. Jennings / Monaghan
4. Cooper
5. Grothe
6. Barrett
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Farah
10. Cross
11. Hindmarsh
12. Lafrannchi
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. Mateo
16. Kite / Mason
17. White

Parra Guru

Coach
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Bailey is retired from rep footy? He would be my first choice too otherwise.

Binga

Juniors
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Bailey is retired from rep footy? He would be my first choice too otherwise.

I saw an interview the other day (can't remember what it was on though) which he said he is keen to regain his spot in the NSW team.

Phillips

Referee
goodluck to him, he'll need it. should never be picked again after being owned by Carl Webb.

Luke Douglas is the man NSW needs

ROCCOE3

Juniors
Looking at last nights game, Grothe is one of the most damaging wingers in the NRL!

Everytime he runs the ball he attracts 3 defenders and at least one of them end up flat on their backs!

I really hope to see him once again in the Blues but who knows if he will even be looked at.

What I do know is I dam love seeing him play like this!

Stagger eel

Staff member
guru did his chances no harm whatsoever, amongst the doom and gloom of the season so far, he's been the shining light and I notice Fitz is very quiet about it..

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah I bet Guru was quietly very happy with his game last night.

parra.letic

Juniors
1 stewart
2 hayne
3 jennings/monaghan
4 cooper
5 monaghan/ williams
6 barrett
7 gidley
8 bailey
9 farah
10 kite