What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ground Announcer

tigpie

Juniors
Did anyone else apart from me (and the Souths supporter friend I was with) get totally pissed off with the ground announcer yesterday? :evil: He was annoying to the point of embarrassment, IMO. Aside from his incessant chatter, he persisted with stating the bleeding obvious. Most of us knew when we got a penalty without being told. Most of us knew when to cheer without being told. Most of us knew when the Tigers put on a "clever play" without being told. I could go on...! He obviously thinks the fans in the crowd are total morons. :oops: If we really want a running commentary, we could always stay at home and watch the match on TV. And to make things worse (or maybe it was a blessing in disguise), those speakers on the hill side of the ground were a total W.O.S. End of speech! ;-)

cadburys

Juniors
He and the speakers were totally annoying.

When are they going to fix those bloody speakers.

I have been going to leichhardt since 1979, and i can't remember those speakers working perfectly through any 80 minutes of football that i have witnessed.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

HOT028

Juniors
behind the posts at the swimming pool end is gold, when are they going to take down the hardware house try/no try sign, i wouldn't mind it in my backyard.

jirskyr

Juniors
Yeah what a boob.

And what is the idea with bringing out the 1989 Balmain legends, and then asking them to relive the grand final loss????? And asking how they felt!?!?!

They felt shattered you f**king idiot! Half of them haven't even watched the game on tape since it was played.

OMIGOD what was he thinking? And using that upbeat tone to talk about the tragedies of the most upsetting game in Balmain's history.

And yeah the speakers kept cutting out near us, lucky I'd rather not hear what that tit had to say.

HOT028

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
How do I apply for his job. I wouldn't need a microphone, that's for sure.

you could just use your ass, i know with a lot of the stuff you say thats were it sounds like it is coming from. :D

Gobbso

Juniors
He dead set put the mocka on Hodgo....the bloke just wouldn't shut up when Brett was going for his record breaking 9th goal. IDIOT! He's a passionate bloke, but dead set, time for a replacement me thinks.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Agreed. Plus he talked over the top of the Here come the Tigers when the team came on. He is a an ego-tripping goose. Time to go.