What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grow up Queensland

Big Pete

Referee
Certainly went toe to toe with Grothe Jr. a few years ago at this level.

He's a whinger and a milker but a coward he ain't.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Certainly went toe to toe with Grothe Jr. a few years ago at this level.

He's a whinger and a milker but a coward he ain't.

I am not sure I for one am labelling him coward, all I am saying he is all "show" and not really wanting any bar of the punch on with anyone. It's an act. Hodges had his chance to be a tough guy, he chose not to do anything bar the song and dance he carried on with. It's expected. It's Hodges' go.

With that said, he would've liked his chances perhaps agains the smaller man in Kimmorley.

dragonszero9

Juniors
:lol: I love it that you hate Hodges and Thurston. Fantastic players and unlike your boys they're not cowards.

I'm just bored of your inane ramblings. Find some new material for Pete's sakes.

yeah becouse standing behind the ref mouthing isn't coward at all :roll:
his all talk no go

Dazzat

First Grade
Anyone who takes the field for State of Origin is NOT a coward. You don't get to that level by being a shrinking violet ... sorry if this is a little too real for ya!

Hodges explanation of his behaviour was that he was standing up for a fallen mate ... and I believe him. If the ref, 60,000+ people and a judiciary that could end his season weren't present, he would have had Poore's guts for garters.

Loudstrat

Coach
Anyone who takes the field for State of Origin is NOT a coward. You don't get to that level by being a shrinking violet ... sorry if this is a little too real for ya!

Hodges explanation of his behaviour was that he was standing up for a fallen mate ... and I believe him. If the ref, 60,000+ people and a judiciary that could end his season weren't present, he would have had Poore's guts for garters.

LOL!

I loved how he became brave after the ref stood in front of him. How brave is it to ASK YOUR OPPONENT TO COME TO YOU because you are too sh*t scared to go to him. How brave to say that you are going to 'get him NEXT TIME' - because you were too gutless to do it THIS time.

Typical Queenslander. All hot air and no substance :lol:

Broncodr01d

Juniors
LOL!

I loved how he became brave after the ref stood in front of him. How brave is it to ASK YOUR OPPONENT TO COME TO YOU because you are too sh*t scared to go to him. How brave to say that you are going to 'get him NEXT TIME' - because you were too gutless to do it THIS time.

Oh really? I guess Webcke, Lewis, Tallis, Gillmeister, Lidner and co. fit in there right?

Probably sounded cool when you said it to yourself before posting though. Stupid comment even if it was followed by a ':lol:'.

beave

Coach
LOL!

hot air????

Strat, I reckon I could inflate a hot air balloon with the amount you have been procuding over the last few days!!!!!:D

stuke

Bench
What Queensland showed was retribution and stood up for one of their players, NSW don't do that and it had nothing to do with lining up the smallest player and everything to do with lining up the first player - they would have done it to TLL if he had received the ball.

It went overboard yes but it did show they were sticking up for one of their players.

that kick was never going to be fielded by anyone but Gidley who would be by himself.

if they really wanted to have a crack why didn't they kick it short and at the NSW forwards?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Qld have had some tough as nails players who could never be accused of having "all hot air and no substance":

Webke
Civo
Gillmeister
Hahn
Hancock (as bat sh*t nuts as he was)

Hodges isnt a typical Qlder but he sure as sh*t is a loud mouthed toolbag who all too often talks the talk but rarely walks the walk. If he was "standing up for his mate" like a few have suggested on here he would have actually done something about it instead of standing behind the ref and dribbling on where there was no chance of a confrontation.

I have the utmost respect for pretty much all of the Qld side but suggesting Hodges is anything but a dancing monkey when it comes to on field confrontations is nothing but delusional.

MattJ

Juniors
Take your blue goggles off d#psh$t.

Do you want me to go through the final stages where NSW carried on like wankers?

- Waterhouse blindsiding Steven Price
- Justin Poore picking up an uncounsious Steven Price and dropping him down again
- Trent Barret clapping and smiling while Price is on the ground uncounsious.
- Ben Creagh running away like the little b#tch he is after his shove.

A big difference between agression and pure acts of thuggery by cowards such as Waterhouse, Poore, Barret, Creagh.

4 IN A ROW CHAMP. END OF DISCUSSION......

Exactly... 4 in a row and still bitching and moaning, i could have sworn i already pointed that out.

I dont condone what poore did, in fact i think it was horrific and dangerous, all i said was that the qld team acted like a bunch of spoilt bratty bitches in the closing minutes... a lot like how your acting now champ.
Please remember this is just an internet forum discussion, please dont read this and start throwing cups of beer or bottles of water at the computer, i know thats how you guys like to react when things dont go your way.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Please remember this is just an internet forum discussion, please dont read this and start throwing cups of beer or bottles of water at the computer, i know thats how you guys like to react when things dont go your way.

Cause that's never happened in NSW has it? :roll:

sass

Juniors
Hodges isnt a typical Qlder but he sure as sh*t is a loud mouthed toolbag who all too often talks the talk but rarely walks the walk. If he was "standing up for his mate" like a few have suggested on here he would have actually done something about it instead of standing behind the ref and dribbling on where there was no chance of a confrontation.

I have the utmost respect for pretty much all of the Qld side but suggesting Hodges is anything but a dancing monkey when it comes to on field confrontations is nothing but delusional.

good post joker. I'd never say my opinion of hodges is representative of the whole qld team.