What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grubs 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
The expected result given we had 14 missing. I am completely unfussed by the scoreline but I don't think we deserved to concede 50.

Thought we performed admirably to get back in it in the 2nd half then the latrell hit happened and unfortunately we lost our heads albeit understandable.

Latrell needs to be sat down until at least next year, that was thug like from him. Robbo deserves a go fund me for his presser, he didn't miss. We have copped the 2 most egregious instances of foul play this year and on both the occasions the bunker was willing to let it go yet they continue to ensure the likes of SST are binned for accidental contact.

From here if we win finals week 1 then we have done extraordinarily well. I am really looking forward to playing souths again whenever that may be, apparently JWH, crighton and Radley were absolutely livid.

3 Hutch
2 E Butcher
1 joey

I thought we looked like we were expecting the inevitabile in the first half with a few exceptions. Hutch and Sitilli ran hard at them and of course Teddy and Joey doing their usual, trying to inspire something out of nothing. Although the result was never in doubt, thought we came out looking more like Souths after the break. Aggressive in defence, line breaks, passes sticking, creating opportunities etc. only to lose our shit (something we’ve done a lot of this year with senior players missing) with Joey’s incident. We didn’t see much ball after that. Them scoring (twice?) while a man down was testament to that. What little ball we got, we gave away.

Am I upset? Nope. They’ve already overachieved IMO. If we do meet Souths, Robbo should give Jared and Rads the keys to do whatever they want. It’s not like we’re gonna win the damn thing. Whatever they do, it’ll be worthy of a commission for a mural somewhere in Bondi. They’ll start their season a little later next year but nothing we’re not used to.

Robbo was all class and will get punished for pointing out what was needed to be pointed out. The officiating is terrible, confusing and horribly unreliable. His summation of the Joey hit and the resulting inaction should be scribed on the walls of the dressing sheds next to a photo of Joey for future generations of players.

So next week, Angus comes back but no SST? Do we lose Liu (crusher), E Butch/Fletch? (above the horizontal)? And Joey of course. Will Jared be fit is another thing, too. Plus there’s at least one HIA.

3. Hutch
2. Sitilli
1. Joey

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
I thought we looked like we were expecting the inevitabile in the first half with a few exceptions. Hutch and Sitilli ran hard at them and of course Teddy and Joey doing their usual, trying to inspire something out of nothing. Although the result was never in doubt, thought we came out looking more like Souths after the break. Aggressive in defence, line breaks, passes sticking, creating opportunities etc. only to lose our shit (something we’ve done a lot of this year with senior players missing) with Joey’s incident. We didn’t see much ball after that. Them scoring (twice?) while a man down was testament to that. What little ball we got, we gave away.

Am I upset? Nope. They’ve already overachieved IMO. If we do meet Souths, Robbo should give Jared and Rads the keys to do whatever they want. It’s not like we’re gonna win the damn thing. Whatever they do, it’ll be worthy of a commission for a mural somewhere in Bondi. They’ll start their season a little later next year but nothing we’re not used to.

Robbo was all class and will get punished for pointing out what was needed to be pointed out. The officiating is terrible, confusing and horribly unreliable. His summation of the Joey hit and the resulting inaction should be scribed on the walls of the dressing sheds next to a photo of Joey for future generations of players.

So next week, Angus comes back but no SST? Do we lose Liu (crusher), E Butch/Fletch? (above the horizontal)? And Joey of course. Will Jared be fit is another thing, too. Plus there’s at least one HIA.

3. Hutch
2. Sitilli
1. Joey

Should get JWH, crighton and keighran back next week. SST finished the game so should battle through. No suspensions for Butcher and Liu.

I feel like at least one of iku and J-Moz must be close as well.

Winning the week 1 finals game is our ceiling now and that would be tremendous result.

You are the right the joey incident killed the lads with a lack of senior leadership on the field but who can blame them. Young Marschke, walker and sitilli in particular looked like they wanted to biff on from that moment but I don't mind that, at least they showed they cared.

Should get JWH, crighton and keighran back next week. SST finished the game so should battle through. No suspensions for Butcher and Liu.

I feel like at least one of iku and J-Moz must be close as well.

Winning the week 1 finals game is our ceiling now and that would be tremendous result.

You are the right the joey incident killed the lads with a lack of senior leadership on the field but who can blame them. Young Marschke, walker and sitilli in particular looked like they wanted to biff on from that moment but I don't mind that, at least they showed they cared.
I remember during the week thinking how silly Fox talking up the rivalry will look when we know it was only ever going to be a one-sided contest buts hats off to both clubs.

Valheru

Coach
I remember during the week thinking how silly Fox talking up the rivalry will look when we know it was only ever going to be a one-sided contest buts hats off to both clubs.

We have to be feeling good about next year though. At full strength we should have

Teddy
Toops
Smith
Manu
Sualli/iku
Keary
Walker
JWH
Verrils
Collins
Crighton
Sitilli
Radley

Watson
SST
E Butcher
Baker

That still leaves keighran, hutch, lam, N Butcher, Thomas, marschke, Whyte for depth.

That team is more than capable of competing with storm and panthers.

taste2taste

Juniors
We have to be feeling good about next year though. At full strength we should have

Teddy
Toops
Smith
Manu
Sualli/iku
Keary
Walker
JWH
Verrils
Collins
Crighton
Sitilli
Radley

Watson
SST
E Butcher
Baker

That still leaves keighran, hutch, lam, N Butcher, Thomas, marschke, Whyte for depth.

That team is more than capable of competing with storm and panthers.
That team has plenty of points in them. Looking forward to seeing Keary and Walker together.

I'd like to see the Roosters play a bit more off the cuff. I still feel like we're a bit too structured. We have the players that can play what they see.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Just waiting for Teddy to do his ACL next week to cap off a truly miserable year injury wise.

Cannot be more proud of the way we've held it together.

3. Hutch
2. Manu
1. Verrills

H.H

Juniors
Well, what a night. It's all been said but the real character of alot of Souffs people has been revealed since it all went down. Apparently we can play them in week two of the finals if he stars align - that would be absolutely delicious.

Anyway:

3 - Egan
2 - Joey
1 - Sitili

Well, what a night. It's all been said but the real character of alot of Souffs people has been revealed since it all went down. Apparently we can play them in week two of the finals if he stars align - that would be absolutely delicious.

Anyway:

3 - Egan
2 - Joey
1 - Sitili

If Chook finish 5th and win in the first week they play the loser of `1 vs 4 in second week

If Chook finish 6th and win in the first week they play the loser of 2 vs 3 in second week

Nobody better lecture me about player on-field conduct! That was one of the most disgraceful displays I have ever seen from a Rabbitohs side.

Hold your head up high Rooster boys - you lost the game but certainly take the moral high ground.

For those that think Robbo cried, go to OPSM and get some glasses for goodness sake! The Souths coach should learn some basic manners, humility and etiquette when talking to and dealing with the media and associated press.

I am not saying our players are angels - I won't be hypocritical - but this event was bad! You can tell that from the damage Joey sustained, and time spent in hospital. Not good at all. Anyway, I have calmed down now and will not say any more on the matter. Time to move on and focus on playing the Titans tonight.

Latest posts