What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guru jnr on Main Game

eels1986

Juniors
Eric Grother Jnr was just on Main Game and they asked him about Jamie Lyon and he confirmed that a couple of senior players still feel not so good about Jamie leaving and not saying anything to them. He also said that Jamie was a great guy and he has and didn't have a problem with him. He said he knew Jamie was going through a hard time (wonder if he was referring to the miscarriage) and could understand. Thery spoke breifly about the great Guru senior and showed some great footage.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
some really great footage of the senior Guru, eels and SOO

he was pretty tight lipped about Judas, I didn't hear him say anything too negative, other than he knew he was going thru difficult times, and if he had it over again, he may have handled it differently

hindsight is 20/02

he wouldn't commit to comments on Smithy, other than to say "all coaches are intense"

TheParraboy

Staff member
Twizzle said:
he wouldn't commit to comments on Smithy, other than to say "all coaches are intense"

thats not totally correct

He DID say Smith is a great coach and that everything he has learned in league was through Smith (sorry Ricky :D )
He also said Smith had relaxed a lot more over the last couple of years.

In regards to Jaime Lyon, Grothe initially said he didnt think any player would have a problem accepting him back. Its only when one of the interviewers questioned theres rumours that a couple of players were not happy he may be back.

Also did anyomne notice for 15-20 seconds or so Grothe staring at the camera whilst answering questions, hehe it was funny, as though he was looking at me directly :oops:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
TheParraboy said:

He DID say Smith is a great coach and that everything he has learned in league was through Smith (sorry Ricky :D )
He also said Smith had relaxed a lot more over the last couple of years.

In regards to Jaime Lyon, Grothe initially said he didnt think any player would have a problem accepting him back. Its only when one of the interviewers questioned theres rumours that a couple of players were not happy he may be back.

Also did anyomne notice for 15-20 seconds or so Grothe staring at the camera whilst answering questions, hehe it was funny, as though he was looking at me directly :oops:

he was looking at me directly