What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus comments on our future

franklin2323

Immortal
I got the impression it was Elliott moreso than Leary that rated Coote through the roof.

Leary copped all the flak for losing Pritchard and co in 2010 and went on a re-signing spree over the off season. Desperate not to go through it again paid overs based on 2010 form. All fine but we paid them all on the books rather then 3rd party etc. He had no idea

Panther Pete

Juniors
What do u expect him to say about Shaun Johnson?

We aren't allowed to even talk to him or his representatives till November at the very earliest.

Any talk of us entering any type of negotiation or showing any interest would be classified as tampering.

We may or may not be interested in him...but why show our hand so early? Wouldn't make sense and exposes us to a huge fine.
Perhaps Gus could of said something like 'Shaun Johnson is a quality player and I imagine a lot of sides would be interested in him when he becomes available - and we would be no different'.

Anyway, I was just letting panther fans know what Gus was asked and how he responded.

what ever

Juniors
We have Coote, John, Humble, Capewell. All as Soward partner options/ Depth in the halves. Then we have Foster, Evans Moylan etc. Johnson is elite so he's a no brainer but we need a left centre and we are better off going after a centre then a 5th half

:thumb

greynurse

Juniors
If you follow any of Gus's purchases it will not be Johnson or Wallace. It will be either an up and coming junior or established NRL player ( around 100 NRL games )unwanted by his club normally a forward he loves to stack his forwards. I lean toward's the later .

age.s

First Grade
If you follow any of Gus's purchases it will not be Johnson or Wallace. It will be either an up and coming junior or established NRL player ( around 100 NRL games )unwanted by his club normally a forward he loves to stack his forwards. I lean toward's the later .

Aside from not being a forward, how does Wallace not fit into the latter category?

What do u expect him to say about Shaun Johnson?

We aren't allowed to even talk to him or his representatives till November at the very earliest.

Any talk of us entering any type of negotiation or showing any interest would be classified as tampering.

We may or may not be interested in him...but why show our hand so early? Wouldn't make sense and exposes us to a huge fine.

Looks like he was telling the truth re : Johnson. Not in the panthers sight and you can see why with a superstar like Peter Wallace on the market.

Latest posts