What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus is in the Sh!t

Quigs

Immortal
What transpired Cools - as usual I know nothing

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Sam Shark

Juniors
Pretty ordinary, good comments by most of the fanbase though.

We are being set up no doubt.

I couldn't believe how many of the comments supported that loser Gould.

I hope he disappears from public view for good.

What most people seem to forget is that MOST NORMAL contracts which have a limited life have an accepted clause which allows for termination by the individual given certain conditions (such as working out your notice for a set period of time).

The difference with $BW's contract is he has NO get out clause - his fault!

If we go back to the days of no salary cap then it's goodbye Sharks - like it would have been back in the lead up to the Super League war if News Ltd hadn't thrown us a life line!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Someone will have the interview somewhere mate,(I'll have a look) Gus was right in attacking the little puppet.

Gallop is not what this game needs at this point in time, and it's pretty obvious by way the game is run today that we need someone to bring some true bargaining power to our game and not sell it down the river like we have lately.

Inferno

Coach
He came across as a d!ckhead and it's not surprising really. He would have embarrassed channel 9 if he carried on like he did on triple M. I think his shouting to get his point across was because he wanted to get his opinions across more than wanting to get answers from Gallop.

Fingers crossed Sterlo or Vossy can do a good job on Thursday night.

Not that I'll be watching.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I couldn't believe how many of the comments supported that loser Gould.

I hope he disappears from public view for good.

What most people seem to forget is that MOST NORMAL contracts which have a limited life have an accepted clause which allows for termination by the individual given certain conditions (such as working out your notice for a set period of time).

The difference with $BW's contract is he has NO get out clause - his fault!

If we go back to the days of no salary cap then it's goodbye Sharks - like it would have been back in the lead up to the Super League war if News Ltd hadn't thrown us a life line!

I can see what you are saying Sam but what I took from it was the fact that Gould was not really supporting Sonny DollarBills descision but rather the circumstances of why we can let this happen in our game when we quite obviously have the best spectacle of a sporting contest known to man.

This is the way our game should be run, not some fairy making excuses about how the AFL has a bigger supporters base or our game and then lying to it's supporters by saying that we're growing in crowds, when we all know quite clearly that that is bullsh*t!! Underselling our TV deals and in our 100th year announcing that some Sydney teams are in danger of surviving blah blah blah.

In reality it's probably true but f**ked if i want this defeatist clown announcing this sh*t in what was supposed to be a celebration of a century of this great code. Letting our game be embarrased by empty stadium etc etc etc.

Get someone else that can at least bullsh*t properly anyway.

spider

Coach
sometimes gould's application of his knowledge is the equivelant to a novice driving a ferrari

through lack of control he makes himself out to be wreckless and nothing short of a large dope

my own concerns aside and solely on that invterview - i thought gallop handled himself fine

is it possible for gould to dig himself a bigger hole in the respect sand pit - he has hit the bottom imo

Sam Shark

Juniors
I can see what you are saying Sam but what I took from it was the fact that Gould was not really supporting Sonny DollarBills descision but rather the circumstances of why we can let this happen in our game when we quite obviously have the best spectacle of a sporting contest known to man.

This is the way our game should be run, not some fairy making excuses about how the AFL has a bigger supporters base or our game and then lying to it's supporters by saying that we're growing in crowds, when we all know quite clearly that that is bullsh*t!! Underselling our TV deals and in our 100th year announcing that some Sydney teams are in danger of surviving blah blah blah.

In reality it's probably true but f**ked if i want this defeatist clown announcing this sh*t in what was supposed to be a celebration of a century of this great code. Letting our game be embarrased by empty stadium etc etc etc.

Get someone else that can at least bullsh*t properly anyway.

I'm not defending Gallop. I agree that he sold us down the river over the TV rights. I was just pointing out that $BW has a fixed contract that he must fulfill. If Gould railroaded Gallop on other issues (typical Gus with his own agendas) then he was out of line, and I for one would be pleased to see him go.

Whatever happens, the NRL must fight the breach of contract or else it will be open season and we can't compete financially against the Rorters, the Storm, the Broncos or the Dogs.

spider

Coach
Whatever happens, the NRL must fight the breach of contract or else it will be open season and we can't compete financially against the Rorters, the Storm, the Broncos or the Dogs.
exactly right

and thats the point gould was attacking gallop over

he is blind sided by his agendas at times

Was he really?
I couldn't tell because it was cut short, I do know that when Gallop brought up us and Manly, and our suburban grounds, that Gould got hyper-flexed about us, not Manly, and went off the topic Gallop was trying to talk about.
Maybe he was putting thoughts into people's heads by questioning why were they persisting with us.

Special K

Coach
hahah the interview was gold

i love the shot gus did "and won't make the finals for the next 2 years"

haha shot at noddy? I doubt it but still funny.

troy

Juniors
I thought Phil Gould was DISGUSTING in the way he approached it... The issue was contracts and sbw walked in the middle of the night on his! 2nd its easy to pick apart the problems of the game but solutions can't happen over night... Take away the cap and the Brisbanes and the Roosters of the world will win every year just like the Premier league in the uk..... We did put a new team up nth GC and its working what does Gould just want Gallop to pull aniother Brissy team out of his ass over night... What the F@ck does Phil Gould know about business and fiscal management ?? It is a fine line to fixing the problems and having unrealistic expectations on how quickly you can do it !! Balancing expansion yet keeping the loyalty of people like us who have followed clubs for 30 yrs and longer...... It needs business discussion not some power hungry ex player yelling at a top Exec who i think has done a good job so far considering the massive challenges we face...

If the Dogs didn't bring SBW out of NZ when a kid look after him and help make him who is is then ? Union never picked him up when he was nobody right?

As far as Mundine is concerned - I won't comment on a person with an IQ thats less then 10..........

spider

Coach
it would be interesting to hear what solutions gould has to offer regarding player contractual obligations

because he didnt hold back in attacking the issue - it seemed he was pro SBW walking

troy

Juniors
exactly its all good and well to go on the attack about the issues when your job is a biased loud mouth comentator that couldn't even play... What about solutions. What about speaking professionally and in a business environment, instead of yelling like a child on air!

He at least needs to speak with Gallop with respect (or anyone for that matter) At least Gallop responded on air and in the media very cooly and tbh Gould is losing more and more friends in the game..... Does he have ANY business background ? How can he condone SBW leaving in the middle of the night and deserting his club? He sighned the bloody 5 year contract NOT ANYBODY ELSE!! ffs it is a disgrace but it shows again maybe he is not that bright, as the likes of Carney etc have shown...To have Choc as a mate says it all..... All in all its about professionalism and respect - simple......!

Latest posts