What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hadley's Comments

t-ba

Post Whore
:lol: .

Why doesn't he name his source? If the rumour originatedfrom an internet forum and not from him he'd be trying to shut it down :lol:

The Whippet

Juniors
Word of advice.

Look at when Walker's form dropped and see if any other players form dropped at the same time.

The Whippet

Juniors
I did not say that, one of Walker's team mates came to mind when I heard about Hadley's comment because I remember this Manly player saying that this players form had suddenly dropped (not injury related or anything) around the same time as Walker took cocaine.

aids

Bench
manly should ask for salarie cap consessions because cocains pretty expensive, right?

honestly, i think hadley is probably saying a few league players enjoy recreational drugs every once in a while.
he just has problems articulating it.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Willow said:
So every player who has a drop in form is suddenly a drug user?

No. They might have a niggling injury, they might be suffering depression over something, they might just be thinking of doing a Mark Gasnier or a Nathan Blacklock.

Anonymous

Juniors
Robbie_Ross said:
I did not say that, one of Walker's team mates came to mind when I heard about Hadley's comment because I remember this Manly player saying that this players form had suddenly dropped (not injury related or anything) around the same time as Walker took cocaine.
Only asking. You didn't explain it very well.
Sorry, I'm just trying to get a handle on the logic here. So now it's only one other out-of-form Manly player? And it's only a guess as to why he had a drop in form?

Anonymous

Juniors
Gunna Matter said:
Willow said:
So every player who has a drop in form is suddenly a drug user?

No. They might have a niggling injury, they might be suffering depression over something, they might just be thinking of doing a Mark Gasnier or a Nathan Blacklock.
You've been missing a lot since you walked into this forum Gunny.

What relevance does Gasnier or Blacklock have with this? Please feel free to elaborate.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Imagine if Walker had played for Parra. There'd proably some crap song about it that would only amuse those with the intellect of a two year old.

bartman

Immortal
Robbie_Ross said:
Word of advice.

Look at when Walker's form dropped and see if any other players form dropped at the same time.

Just because you have one go on the coke on a Thursday night doesn't mean your form will drop from that point on. The effects wear off quickly, and it's been documented that Walker took it while out with his other friends and missing team training etc, not with other players.

Maybe you'd be tired for the next day or two, but more because of the situation of staying up late and a big night out than just the taking of the drug itself? So same result as any player having a night on the grog mid-week - ongoing form woulod not be effected in a positive or negative way.

While Hadley is a goose, it is fair to make the assumption that the lifestyle of full-time professional footballers earning more than the average wage is a contributing factor to the possibility of situations arising where certain players may be more likely to take the choice to use cocaine. He's got no proof, but don't dismiss his statement out of hand.

bartman

Immortal
aussielegend77 said:
*edited- too many dodgy insinuations*
And I missed reading them all?

New story about drug use at the Bronlow ceremony surfacing today:
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,10882601%5E421,00.html
Now it's AFLs turn to face up to the music! League may have a better testing system/protocol, but we shouldn't get cocky about recreational drugs and think they aren't in our game, or drug use is only confined to "troubled" individuals.

Anonymous

Juniors
bartman said:
aussielegend77 said:
*edited- too many dodgy insinuations*
And I missed reading them all?

New story about drug use at the Bronlow ceremony surfacing today:
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,10882601%5E421,00.html
Now it's AFLs turn to face up to the music! League may have a better testing system/protocol, but we shouldn't get cocky about recreational drugs and think they aren't in our game, or drug use is only confined to "troubled" individuals.
lol. At a media event full of journalists, I'm surprised they didn't find a coke lab out the back.
Interesting to see how the AFL responds, if they do at all.

[furrycat]

Coach
Hadley is going to be very lucky to not be charged soon. During the Coffs Harbour investigation he was very lucky he was not charged with releasing false information claiming it to be factual. Hadley has no idea if players are using cocaine or if they are snorting sugar, he is a joke. I questioned him a few months ago in regards to his "police brief". I asked:
"Where did you get this info from, and why is it different from what we have?"
He Replied:
"If you clowns got your acts together, you'd see that this is what really happened on the night"

Needless to say, the reports were denied by the woman herself... One day I'd like to rearrange Hadley's facial features, good way to end my career.

Latest posts