What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hahahahahahaha @ Sharks

keeney

First Grade
Gallen desperate to quit Sharks
By Dean Ritchie
September 14, 2006
NEW South Wales back rower Paul Gallen has rocked the Sharks by asking for a release, and the club suspects a rival NRL club has attempted to poach him.
Signed until the end of 2007, Sharks chief executive Greg Pierce last night torpedoed the move, saying: "There's no way he's going anywhere."
Gallen fronted Pierce and under-pressure coach Stuart Raper last Friday to request the right to move on.
The development comes with the Sharks in the middle of conducting an internal review after crashing out of finals contention amid the worst losing streak in the club's 40-year history.
"I just feel like it might be time for a change. It's not that I don't like the place or the coaching staff or anything like that. I just want to play semi-final football," Gallen said.
"You only get a short playing career and I'm looking for a fresh start and a fresh challenge. I told Stuart (Raper) and Greg (Pierce) direct.
"They both said it would be crazy for them to let me go, so I don't like my chances."
The Sharks will finish conducting their review tomorrow. The club is understood to be close to coming to terms with sacked Sydney Roosters coach Ricky Stuart to replace Raper next season.
Pierce suspects Gallen may have been approached with a big-money offer to join a rival club.
"Asking for a release and getting a release are two different things altogether," Pierce said.
"I dare say he's been made an offer by another club, which disappoints me.
"He probably thinks he can earn more money and he probably wishes he was in the semi-finals, but so do we all."
But Gallen's agent David Riolo denied the Origin star had been approached by another NRL club.
Gallen collected the Sharks supporters' player of the year award at Cronulla's 2006 presentation night last Tuesday.

http://townsvillebulletin.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,20406331%5E23209,00.html

innsaneink

Referee
Bulldogs need a backrower, Warriors do too...Manly likewise, Roosters always looking to get a player so others cant, too young for Souths, too classy and expensive for Wests

mxlegend99

Referee
He'd be welcome to take over for Waterhouse at Panthers - we could afford him no worries.

Although we're not wanting to sign any big name players, so that won't happen. If he did leave, i could realistically see Manly somehow getting him to replace BK. Or Titans being able to sign him.

timma

Juniors
Gallen to the dragons
He will defenently play semi final footy at dragons
sharks suck

Don't rule Manly out to sign him. His younger brother plays in the lower grades at the Eagles so theres always a possibility.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Im pretty sure its all a beat up.
I know he loves Cronulla and really has a lot of high hopes for next year. The club is going places.

innsaneink

Referee
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
I know he loves Cronulla and really has a lot of high hopes for next year. The club is going places.

Yeah...south. :whistle

Surely

Post Whore
Ha f**kin ha keeney, what goes around comes around.

We'll see what unravels at the knights after a couple of seasons of smith, and no joey.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:

keep dreamin son..he wants out.

Manly and Parra are out of the frame, from what I'm told.

God-King Dean

Immortal
He's a wan on the field, but a good player.

Without being a merkin, can you blame him ? He wants to win... simple as that.

keeney

First Grade
Surely said:
Ha f**kin ha keeney, what goes around comes around.

We'll see what unravels at the knights after a couple of seasons of smith, and no joey.

I'm just laughing cos 10 weeks ago, the Sharks were 3rd and all their fans were singing their praises, now their arguably best player is citing his desire to play finals footy as a reason to leave.

He's contracted for 2007 and I can't see the club granting their best player a release. If he's frustrated, perhaps he should give a thought to the long suffering fans who have been waiting for a Premiership. We see our club slip from 3rd to 13th, mainly because of super coach's reluctance to split up Noddy and Dykes. Perhaps a new coach might settle things down a little.

sooperdooper

First Grade
well there has been a rumour brewing for a while now...
the rumuor involved parra but i cant see him back there

Latest posts