What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

halangahu to 10, beale to 15

intheknow

Juniors
in my opinion i'd rather see halangahu at 10 with beale at 15.

beale would have a lot more impact slotting in to a back line and slipping in to flyhalf occasionally thoughtout a match. his individual skills suits the 15 roll where he wont be a target in defence.

halangahu is a solid player who will complement beale and the rest...

lockyno1

Post Whore
No, no, and no. holangahu has been tried at 10 and 12 and frankly they have been dismal failures. Beale is young and is a 10. You leave him there.

aussies1st

Staff member
No way, Halangahu kicking game is shocking as it is. Beale future is at 10 just needs more time.

Pedro Collins

Juniors
intheknow you definately were in the know.

Waratahs team to play Crusaders

March 27, 2007 NEW South Wales Waratahs team named to play the Crusaders in the Super 14 match at Aussie Stadium on Saturday night:

Kurtley Beale, Peter Hewat, Lote Tuqiri, Morgan Turinui, Lachlan Turner, Sam Norton-Knight, Brett Sheehan, Wycliff Palu, Tim Davidson, Rocky Elsom, Will Caldwell, David Lyons, Alastair Baxter, Adam Freier (capt), Benn Robinson. Res: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Matt Dunning, Ben Hand, Beau Robinson, Josh Valentine, Sam Harris, Ben Jacobs.

AAP

Pedro Collins said:
intheknow you definately were in the know.

Waratahs team to play Crusaders

March 27, 2007 NEW South Wales Waratahs team named to play the Crusaders in the Super 14 match at Aussie Stadium on Saturday night:

Kurtley Beale, Peter Hewat, Lote Tuqiri, Morgan Turinui, Lachlan Turner, Sam Norton-Knight, Brett Sheehan, Wycliff Palu, Tim Davidson, Rocky Elsom, Will Caldwell, David Lyons, Alastair Baxter, Adam Freier (capt), Benn Robinson. Res: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Matt Dunning, Ben Hand, Beau Robinson, Josh Valentine, Sam Harris, Ben Jacobs.

AAP
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21455446-23217,00.html

I can hardly type.............too much rage..................

Timbo

Staff member
I'd rather have Beale in 12, SNK in 10, Tuqiri in 11 and Hewat in 15.

Oh well. We were going to get pounded anyway.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Beale is a fly half but it doesn't really matter where you put him at the moment with the Tahs getting belted all over the park. What has Beau Robinson done wrong? The Tahs look like they're about 2 weeks late to the breakdown... not enough foot speed.

Timbo

Staff member
I think if Rogers hadn't left you'd have seen him wearing 10 this year with Beale in 12, to ease him into top flight. Sorta like Dan Carter's early years when Mehrtens was the incumbent #10.

aqua_duck

Coach
Beale has too much pressure on him. When carter was coming through he wasn't rushed, the all blacks had Crlos Spncer at fly half who was playing world class fottball and Merhtens was still around, the wallabies don't have the same luxery. Overall I lost any respect I had for Mckenzie when he picked Morgan Turinui on the wing to mark Bryan Habana against the bulls, possibly the slowest back in world rugby against the qucikest, everyone knew it was going to be a massacre except mckenzie