What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Half Time - England A 44 France 6

Robbo

Juniors
This is sad, even for me, an englishman. I think this just proves that Rugby League can't think about having a world cup yet, if the fourth best nation is getting beat by 38 points, by an England A team.

Jeffles

Bench
A full strength side woiuld have come close to victory. This just illustrates France's lack of depth, not surprising when you look at the Elite competition.

ali

Bench
Also shows just how good this England A team is. Despite their scrappy win over Wales, you could say they've put 3 super permormances. David Waite should stop ignoring these guys and call a few up for GB.

JasonE

Bench
I just read an article in which David Waite said international rl is no place to blood youngsters, what kind of b!@#$hit is that ?

Danny McGuire, Martin Gleeson, Danny Sculthorpe, Andy Lynch and Gareth Ellis should definitely be in the 3rd test 17 while others like Burrow, Tickle, Hock and maybe even Rooney should be considered.

mightypanther

Juniors
You've got to blood them at international level sometime.

If you wait until they are 25 to put them in at international level then yes,
they may be older in years, but they will still be youngsters as far as
international experience goes, so what difference does it make?

Stupid logic.

If they're good enough........they're good enough. It's that simple.

It's like employers who say they only want young people with years of
experience for jobs.

Well how the hell are they supposed to get experience if no-one will give
them a job because they have no experience?

Bloody stupid? YOU BET IT IS.

ibeme

First Grade
JasonE said:
I just read an article in which David Waite said international rl is no place to blood youngsters, what kind of b!@#$hit is that ?

Where does he think you blood them? Brad Fittler was 17 when he played his first international. And gee, look where it got him and the Australia.

deluded pom?

Coach
JasonE said:

Danny McGuire, Martin Gleeson, Danny Sculthorpe, Andy Lynch and Gareth Ellis should definitely be in the 3rd test 17 while others like Burrow, Tickle, Hock and maybe even Rooney should be considered.

Has Waite always spoken in riddles ? When asked why G.B. hadn`t attempted to drop a field goal late in Saturday`s 2nd Test his reply was " A field goal wasn`t going to win us the game ,field position was ." You can have all the field position in the world but if you don`t convert it into points or even a point then you won`t win the game . I`d have quite happily settled for G.B. 21 Australia 20 .

To be fair to France, England A have looked impressive. They showed no mercy to the French, were clinical in attack and played smart rugby. In attack they look better than the GB side in my opinion.

After this test series, I've lost all respect for Waite. all this year, he's been banging on about test places up for grabs and saying the origin match will help decide his selection etc. etc.

Then when it comes to the crunch, with the exception of Paul Wood, He names the same side he went for last year pretty much. Danny McGuire fustrates me so much sometimes, but he will be a world class player. along with Gleeson, Lynch, and Burrow. The series is over, so why not plan for the future and give the youngsters a go. What more can they do to get a plce in the side?

Fampa

Juniors
Is there a definitive current world ranking? I can't find anything to suggest the French would be forth. Should there be a match to determine who is the fourth ranked country and who would it be? I'd like to see France play PNG.