What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halfback Question

fish eel

Immortal
Freak2 said:
He tries hidious stuff sometimes which subconsciously deflates everyone else IMO. Too slow, cannot break the line with his running game and defence is not NRL standard!

Sorry home truths!!

lastbyear the hideous stuff was brave, adventerous and match winning.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Freak2 said:
Do you believe our performance and Tim's absence are coincidental??

Because I don't!!

He tries hidious stuff sometimes which subconsciously deflates everyone else IMO. Too slow, cannot break the line with his running game and defence is not NRL standard!

Sorry home truths!!

ok, that's your opinion..but have you seen Jeremy break a line? or offer as much quality service to his outside men or have as good a short kicking game, which in hindsight we needed on Friday, as Tim??

it's all about opinion and at the moment if both were available I'd lean towards Tim, but not without some hesitation.

Bigfella

Coach
Based on the way both played on friday, I am 100% sure Tim would have been back this week, regardless of Jeremy's suspension

Couldn't agree more. No team can afford to compete at every other level but not offer any point scoring opportunity from half back.

Jeremy had played himself out as a halfback well before he shoved the ref

Kornstar

Coach
Freak2 said:
Do you believe our performance and Tim's absence are coincidental??

Because I don't!!

Sorry home truths!!

The only thing not coincidental to our better performances is the departure of Brian Smith (Sorry home truths!!).

Tim Smith has been out 3 games and we have lost 2 of them, sure we were competetive in all 3 games, however we lacked that class from a halfback to get us over the line.......especially against the Dragons!!

Freak2

Juniors
Mate,

I've seen Tim have some magic games, and some things he does on the field are too good to be true, **edit**

Especially when we have an Australian Schoolboy captain who has achieved the highest possible acculades at schoolboy level waiting in the wings. Premier league results over the past 2 years speak for themself.

Now it is rumoured we are going to lose this kid who everyone who has anything to do with him cannot wrap him enough.

The Colonel

Immortal
Is it any coincedence that the majority of our scoring plays in recent weeks have come through the backrow rather than the halves?

sooperdooper

First Grade
i think he will come back but there are a few options if they are still punishing him for the drinking thing:
pj to 7 which i dont like but its an option
green to 7
morris to 7 and someone else to the six... i know alot of ppl want mateo there so???

or the forgotten perenara to the 7

Pricey

Juniors
I would keep Timmy in premier league and put PJ in at half. Let timmy get a little more form on the board before he comes back in first grade:-({|=

Freak2

Juniors
Pricey said:
I would keep Timmy in premier league and put PJ in at half. Let timmy get a little more form on the board before he comes back in first grade:-({|=

I'd have John Morris at halfback before PJ.

PJ is just starting to play good footy at dummy half, I wouldn't want this changed.

Latest posts