What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halfback solution

Utey

Coach
Morts = Myth, but he played it out well and secured a nice fat contract at the time, so kudos to him.

The Colonel

Immortal
Thanks but no thanks...... couldn't even hold down a bench spot at the Roosters. I was a big fan of the kid and thought that properly managed he could have gone on but he really is too small for a regular shot at first grade - defensively he can make a lot of tackles but realistically he doesn't offer much else.

Sandow may miss a lot of tackles but he at least makes up for that in attack. If our forward pack goes forward our hales do the job.....

Watch for Toby Key to get a start in our forward pack, most likely from the bench, for next year. Big, strong and fast...... and if reports after the Koori Knockout on the weekend are correct, plenty of agression.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Knocked out a few Kooris, did he? It's even more astounding that he was only there as a spectator.

f**king animal.

forward pass

Coach
I think the eels should either resign Daniel Mortimer or sign Harry Syker not sure on the spelling of his surname from the panthers Toyota cup team.
Morts was unfairly treated by SK in my view. As for Harry I like what I've seen from him & his a goal kicker as well. Maybe trade sandow or try him at 14.

:lol::lol:

I think the fans and club were unfailry treated by Morts !! What a silly thread.

If you really were born in 74 - that makes you what 38? Surely you would know footy by now.

Noise

Coach
:lol::lol:

I think the fans and club were unfailry treated by Morts !! What a silly thread.

If you really were born in 74 - that makes you what 38? Surely you would know footy by now.

I'm pretty sure he is only 15 - no one else could rate mortz

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Thanks but no thanks...... couldn't even hold down a bench spot at the Roosters. I was a big fan of the kid and thought that properly managed he could have gone on but he really is too small for a regular shot at first grade - defensively he can make a lot of tackles but realistically he doesn't offer much else.

Sandow may miss a lot of tackles but he at least makes up for that in attack. If our forward pack goes forward our hales do the job.....

Watch for Toby Key to get a start in our forward pack, most likely from the bench, for next year. Big, strong and fast...... and if reports after the Koori Knockout on the weekend are correct, plenty of agression.

Is he still on contract for 2013 (or been resigned ) as I thought he only came to the club on a two contract at the beginning of 2011

lingard

Coach
What enabled Hayne in 2009 was the same thing missing last year - a second option in attack. In '09 that was Feleti Mateo.

We certainly do need more than just "solid players to feed him the ball in a timely manner". We need attacking threats who can commit defenders.

I think you`ll find Mateo was out for most of 2009, and only came back into the side just before the finals. The much maligned Jeff Robson actually had a very good combination going with Hayne and with Mortimer in the second half of `09. That, and the rotation of Matt Keating and the hooker who went to Penrith (who`s name I really should remember), along with the great off-loading of Cayless and Hindmarsh, were more important in my opinion. That`s what enabled Hayne to go berserk.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think you`ll find Mateo was out for most of 2009, and only came back into the side just before the finals. The much maligned Jeff Robson actually had a very good combination going with Hayne and with Mortimer in the second half of `09. That, and the rotation of Matt Keating and the hooker who went to Penrith (who`s name I really should remember), along with the great off-loading of Cayless and Hindmarsh, were more important in my opinion. That`s what enabled Hayne to go berserk.

Yeah that's what I said:

True, however at first Hayne was creating havoc off the back of multiple passes - it was second/third/fourth phase (and so broken play) by the time he got the ball.

Late in the season he started taking over at first receiver, which coincided with Mateo's return.

He also spent most of 2010 at first receiver after teams had figured out how to defend the offload.

lingard

Coach
Yeah that's what I said:

Right. So, anyway, let`s hope Ricky Stuart can produce a fair facsimile of that situation - with Sandow, Kelly and Hayne running riot. And the following year Hoppoate will be joining in the party. Sounds like fun, eh?
I`d still like to see a hooker rotation - Keating and maybe Nathan Smith - to duplicate the Keating/Kingston (I remembered his name) partnership.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Given the fact that if you could combine Keating and Nathan Smith you'd have a rep class hooker, I think rotating those two is a great idea.

I'm very keen to see Stuart's philosophy regarding our squad, and especially to see what kind of player movement we go through between '13 and '14.

Noise

Coach
If I was to have a guess , keating , Lasalo, tautai , n smith will be let go ( all supercoach Kearney signings / re signings) giving us space for a good hooker and a good prop or second rower

strider

Post Whore
If I was to have a guess , keating , Lasalo, tautai , n smith will be let go ( all supercoach Kearney signings / re signings) giving us space for a good hooker and a good prop or second rower

3 of those 4 are probably damn close to minimum salaries - and keating probably isn't on big money .... so cutting them would only make space for 1 good player i'd think