What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halfback

Green Evil

Juniors
Can someone please tell me why we are not even trying to get ourselves a good halfback? It is obviously the position in which we are lacking the most but we dont want to chase anyone. The bulldogs are after Kris Keating to replace Kimmorley and others are chasing these good young halves. You hear about all the clubs trying to sign Beau Henry from the dragons and Ben Hunt from the Broncs and we are never mentioned which would tell me we arent even looking. Trent Hodkinson was playing QLD cup and tearing apart teams last year including Souths Logan which surely Bramley would have given Furner the tip but we dont even try to sign him.

There has been talk of Dobson coming back which will be good if the reports that he is killing it are true but we seem to just give our juniors a hundred chances.

Im loving how the Raiders are playing when we our heads are n the game this year but if we only recruit half baked forwards like Galea for nex year like we have been it is going to kill me. Yes we do have some of the best juniors but we have to supplement the areas that we are lacking in with players from others clubs. Shillington and Harrison were great buys that have given us a great forward pack so now surely we are looking into our other areas

aussies1st

Staff member
Hodkinson was already on the Manly roster, they signed him from the Eels so they knew exactly what they had. But yes I agree, we better be looking for a halfback.

The thing is do we know that the club isnt looking.

There isnt many halves who are available who are definately better than what we have.

Sam Williams in time should be our half , he seems to have the smarts as an organising halfback.

Another I would like to see is Matty Smith , apparently he is doing well in the Qcup. He knows the Raiders system , there no real reason why we cant approach him.

Macko8

Juniors
The thing is do we know that the club isnt looking.

There isnt many halves who are available who are definately better than what we have.

Sam Williams in time should be our half , he seems to have the smarts as an organising halfback.

Another I would like to see is Matty Smith , apparently he is doing well in the Qcup. He knows the Raiders system , there no real reason why we cant approach him.

Im surprised he hasnt been given a crack at halfback for the top grade.
Another one comes to mind is mick picker.

So do they sign mcCrone or herbert up again?Or look elsewhere?

Freddo

Juniors
bring back mick monaghan,

or i think jasin smith is interested in playin again lol we could always bring him back. and get him workin with our young halves

Im surprised he hasnt been given a crack at halfback for the top grade.
Another one comes to mind is mick picker.

So do they sign mcCrone or herbert up again?Or look elsewhere?

Matty Smith doesnt play for South Logan anymore , he signed for Norths I think. I guess he thought he would have a better shot at another club instead of been behind Picker/Herbert and McCrone.

Picker isnt in any better form than McCrone/Herbert and he is another 5/8 trying to be a halfback. I really think we should target a natural half.

I dont want to see MM at our club , he is a hooker these days and he was at Manly as well and he would nearing the end of his career.

aussies1st

Staff member
We won't be getting Smith back, club won't admit they were wrong in releasing him.

Freddo

Juniors
we might have to bite the bullet and buy a halfback from someone.

Finch again maybe lol

Latest posts