What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halfway point, who will be premiers?

Who will be the 2006 premiers

• Broncos

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Storm

Votes: 45 17.2%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 38 14.5%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • Knights

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Sea Eagles

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Sharks

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Dragons

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • Tigers

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Raiders

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Roosters

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Pathers

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Eels

• Warriors

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Souths

• Total voters

Ant

Juniors
Well 13 rounds done, halfway to the finals.
What do we think have the premiers to be shown their hand or are we still waiting for them to emerge.

To be honest I am not sure myself. The pre season top picks revolved around the cowboys, dragons, eels and tigers. Now the eels are almost out of it, sadly as they are my team. Cowboys were hot, but have cooled greatly. Tigers look to be warming up. Dragons getting by.

Current top 5.
Storm and broncos sit on top, plenty of people are tipping the storm not many the broncos. Storm have a great hooker and awesome outside backs, can their young forward pack be counted on some september. Brisbane have less origin players these days, will that stop the second half of the year slide.

Bulldogs have a mighty forward pack, but I think it depends on sherwin if he isn't firing their halves look average.

Knights well if joey is on song he makes some average players look good. This knights side has very good players, but there is a suspicion that there are some average ones in there as well.

Eagles, well pretty solid everywhere, perhaps the question is do they have enough star power. Orford, menzies, kennedy, bell gets you a long way, but the others need to rise with them to win it all.

Stranger

Coach
Knights well if joey is on song he makes some average players look good. This knights side has very good players, but there is a suspicion that there are some average ones in there as well.

No suspicion, there are some average ones in there.

There are about 6-7 teams that have proven they can take it out.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Bronco's possibly. However the Dogs pack is damn impressive. Pretty hard to beat when they're going forward.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Too hard to tell. If anyone said last year at halfway that the Tigers would be premiers....well they would have been laughed at continously. At the moment Broncos, Dogs, Cowboys, Tigers, and Storm. But a long way to go!

Jono078

Referee
Still way too hard to say... Would like to see how Melbourne, Cowboys and Broncos handle post origin.

Also no team has won the comp after conceding 50, teams to concede 50 so far are:

Knights
Raiders and
Dragons

But, half way through, I think im gonna have to go with Melbourne.

even though its half way through the season, its to early to be talking about premiers, but i personally think the top 8 will remain the same, maybe sharks might slip out to make room for the tigers...

but basically all the top 8-9 teams are contending, so i guess any of those 8 or 9 teams can win it...it just matters on how determined they are...

RABK

Referee
I think the Tigers, as i've always said, we'll be the big second half movers.

I'll be quoted on this - the premiers will come from these 6 teams.

Storm
Cowboys
Knights
Dragons
Tigers
Bulldogs

Whoever has key players on the field, are fit and firing and with momentum will take it out.

Red Bear

Referee
Melbourne - nup
Brisbane - nup
Bulldogs - posibly
Eagles - nah, but with bk and beaver anything is possible
Cowboys - nah, already slipping
Knights - Joey is fit and firing then definately could
dragons - still my tip
Tigers proved last year anything is possible

Teams with no chance???
Warriors
Souths
Parra
Raiders
Chooks(could make the 8 but)
Cronulla(even if thye make it no way they'll win it).

Ant

Juniors
Well I posted so I will stick my neck out. I will go the dragons. At full strength they have an awesome team, plus they have had more good youngsters emerge this season.

Naiqama is the only player gone for the year, and they can cover him. Ryles, Head and Sims to return plus Barrett will be back. If the current team can keep them in the top 8 for a couple of months, with head on deck they can really strive forward. They need to have everyone fit same as any team looking to win grand finals.

They long term stars leaving in barrett and bailey, they will want to win it before they go.

If matt head comes back fit and firing they can win.

I say all this with no confidence, but its my pick.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Judging by last night, finally beating a premiership heavyweight, and how well we turned it on after last weeks let-down... I think it's between us, Melbourne and Newcastle.

Stonecutter

First Grade
I want to be alive when the sharks win their first premiership. Every year I think its their year. But TBH the storm will go close if not win it.

BWNB

First Grade
it will between IMHO , Bulldogs , broncos , tigers , knights , cowboys or the sharks
Any team can win it but the team that carries on with good form for the 3 weeks before the final are the best chance , if kimmorley cuts out that flat passing sh*t he is by far the top 3 halfs in the comp , the only thing stopping us winning it is inexperience in the forwards. Kimmorely has won a GF playing in the halfs

Corbin

Juniors
I'm a optimistic Roosters fan who voted for the Roosters....

My Bet would be Sea Eagles or Knights to romp this one home, i don't expect Broncos, Cowboys and Storm to be able to handle post Origin like most other years (mainly Broncos)

Bulldogs have a good case with that forward back, but there back line is just so piss weak now, Really need to buy back Vagana IMO, there centres are a shocker.

End of Season
1 Knights/Eagles
2 Eagles/Knights
3 Storm
4 Dragons
5 Broncos
6 Cowboys
7 Roosters
8 Bulldogs
9 Tigers
10 Panthers
11 Sharks
12 Warriors
13 Parramatta
14 Raiders
15 Souths :(

Something around that type maybe a few up and a few down, not sure about where I put tigers though

Corbin

lockyno1

Post Whore
No way will canberra get 14th. As crap as their coach is, their side barring injuries is pretty sound. They won't make the 8 but a finish between 9-12th is realistic.

Corbin said:
I'm a optimistic Roosters fan who voted for the Roosters....

My Bet would be Sea Eagles or Knights to romp this one home, i don't expect Broncos, Cowboys and Storm to be able to handle post Origin like most other years (mainly Broncos)

Bulldogs have a good case with that forward back, but there back line is just so piss weak now, Really need to buy back Vagana IMO, there centres are a shocker.

End of Season
1 Knights/Eagles
2 Eagles/Knights
3 Storm
4 Dragons
5 Broncos
6 Cowboys
7 Roosters
8 Bulldogs
9 Tigers
10 Panthers
11 Sharks
12 Warriors
13 Parramatta
14 Raiders
15 Souths :(

Something around that type maybe a few up and a few down, not sure about where I put tigers though

Corbin
I like you Corbin.

c_eagle

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
:lol: canberra 14th
Didn't you all laugh the same way this time last year? In fact, you were even better placed halfway through last season. What position did you finish again?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Weak centres? Willie Tonga and Sonny Bill Williams?

:lol: