What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halves dilemma

chili pepper

Bench
What does Raper do when Noddy returns?

Dykes is carving.

1st look at Kearney tonight and he played very well - not spectacular but did little wrong.

Team seems to be performing much better without Noddy. Dykes quicker service is paying dividends.

Has Raper got the balls to make the best decision for the team? Or can Noddy accept a role with less responsibility - let Ads tasthe chief playmaker and leader. Does he wan what is best for the team or himself?

Gonna be interesting.

jc155776

Coach
I think there is room for him. Let noddy do the simple stuff and Dykes run the majority of attacking plays. Worked brillaint start of last season...

b_shark

Juniors
We have a while to go before he comes back and the decision has to be made - IF we keep playing well and winning then it would be bizarre if the questions weren't asked as to how he fits back into the team (rather than how the team fits in around him) - would be hard to see a player who puts in that much punted but if he can't change his style....

Nuffs

Bench
i wouldn't drop kimmorley

but i would tell him to stop f*ckin trying to do everything

but hey, can kimmorley actually take the runners-up role?

BWNB

First Grade
Does Raper have the balls to drop him like Bellamey droped hill?
i dont think so , but IMHO i think he should have a stint in PL

Special K

Coach
I'd make Kimmorley play the 6. Let Dykes run the ship and have Noddy take the back seat for a while.

I doubt it will work. But something has to be done - Dykes is running a tight ship atm that doesn't need Kimmorley throwing hospital balls right and centre(he can't pass left)

ratsack2

Juniors
I must admit it is time for Bk to take a back seat and play for the team, if he can do that then we have the makings of a great year. was it just me or did they seem to be doing everything in slow motion, had so much time with the ball in hand, and that Latu, well I am impressed.

chili pepper

Bench
jc155776 said:
I think there is room for him. Let noddy do the simple stuff and Dykes run the majority of attacking plays. Worked brillaint start of last season...

That would be the preferred model for me but I doubt Noddy could accept it

ratsack2

Juniors
well I think he is going to have to, all this time watching on the bench, he is not an idot let's just hope his ego doesn't get in the way

Aries

Bench
chili pepper said:
That would be the preferred model for me but I doubt Noddy could accept it

He won't have any option BUT to accept it chili...
like whats he gunna do? walk out? play in PL?
The bigger question is will raper have the balls to do it...

chili pepper

Bench
Aries said:
He won't have any option BUT to accept it chili...
like whats he gunna do? walk out? play in PL?
The bigger question is will raper have the balls to do it...

I agree and doubt it very much

b_shark

Juniors
he night not have the balls to do it straight off, and with the $$ why would you, but if we keep playing open football and winning and he puts BK in and we start playing flat and losing he wont have a choice

Inferno

Coach
There has been an awful lot of halves this year moved around and dumped. Off the top of my head there is:

Monahagn moved to hooker.
Finch moved to hooker.
Soward dropped to pl.
Firman, a Grand Final playing half dropped.
Shift Sherwin dropped to pl
Scott Hill dropped.
Brett Seymour dropped.
Lance Hohaia dropped.

These days, even the leader of the teams still have to fight for their place in the team every week. Now that this path has been walked down by many before him Raper might just think long and hard before moving Noddy straight back into the team, expecially if we keep playing like this.

!fullback!

Juniors
i always knew the sharks would start playing better footy when kimmorley announce his injury for the 4-6 weeks. the sharks are a more creative football without him. he should start thinking about taking a backseat role or go to england.

i also find it stupid when the camera turns to noddy sitting on the sideline watching and the commentators always say "geez, i bet the sharks would love to have that guy on the field tonight" my answer to comment is f**k no

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Our halves played sensational
what do you do?

Noddy is a champion- record spaeks for itself but...

I'd play through the bench

Is our coaching staff strong enough?

Inferno

Coach
honestly I'd like to have him in the team somewhere but if we keep playing like we do, there just isn't a place for him. Kingston is much superior in the hooking role and Latu is better of the bench.

The way Kearney is playing now as well, he is the perfecy foil for Dykes.

Aries

Bench
Inferno said:
honestly I'd like to have him in the team somewhere but if we keep playing like we do, there just isn't a place for him. Kingston is much superior in the hooking role and Latu is better of the bench.

The way Kearney is playing now as well, he is the perfecy foil for Dykes.

maybe another email campaign in 2-3 weeks, if were still winning... :D

Inferno

Coach
On the back of those emails we have had a major upset and dished out a hammering.

Perhaps we should start emailing every week.

That said, I doubt another emailing campaign would be any more successfull than the first.

Aries

Bench
Inferno said:
On the back of those emails we have had a major upset and dished out a hammering.

Perhaps we should start emailing every week.

That said, I doubt another emailing campaign would be any more successfull than the first.

Like I said in the *spoiler* thread last week... 'It's amazing what a red hot poker jammed up the arse of the Board, Coach and players can do"

Latest posts