What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handling player collisions

NPK

Bench
I know it would be really difficult to implement, but if the developers can find a way to handle player collisions, it would greatly enhance the look of the game.

Some examples of things that could be fixed:

- players running through each other during the game. eg: halfback running through scrums, ball carrier running straight through fullback (which is really annoying - even if you don't press the tackle button in time, and the other player is still headed right for the fullback, they should at least collide and fall over)

- this is especially obvious during the slow-motion replays and close-up shots. eg. often when they play the treble replay of a big tackle, there is a player not involved in the tackle (often wrestling mid-air) who just stands there while the tackler & ball-carrier move right through him as if he was a ghost.

- players should not be able to run/walk through the goalposts too. It looks very weird when a players dives right through a goalpost to score a try. Maybe an automatic evasion manoeuvre can be implemented to make them avoid the goalposts.

- the post try close-ups are very weird too - often players casually walk straight through other players, the ref and the goalposts and this doesn't look good.

[furrycat]

Coach
Can you nit pick even further? What you're saying is like

"OH THIS GAME SUCKS BECAUSE ITS NOT REAL"...

NPK

Bench
haha you're talking to me about nitpicking when you are the one releasing a patch to fix many other minor faults. :)

Seriously, if this was done, it would make the game so much more aesthetically appealing, as well as better gameplay - players without the ball are not ghosts, they should still be solid entities on the field.

[furrycat]

Coach
1. It is not a patch
2. It is a MOD
3. It is not fixing faults
4. It is making the game updated and play the way I want it
5. You smell

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
It greatly increases processor requirements for that type of collision detection. I seriously doubt the PS2 could handle it. Im not sure about xbox and the PC would have to be pretty beefy. I would imagine it is being seriously considered for the next version if it comes, which I reckon it will.

Crippler

Juniors
Pro evo soccer 3 has superb player collision detection and actally superior graphics and has a smoother framerate.

its all up to the programmers as the PS2 hardware is fine.

thuganomics

Coach
[furrycat said:
]1. It is not a patch
2. It is a MOD
3. It is not fixing faults
4. It is making the game updated and play the way I want it
5. You smell

Now now, u know its not his fault he smells!

NPK

Bench
[furrycat said:
]Can you nit pick even further? What you're saying is like

"OH THIS GAME SUCKS BECAUSE ITS NOT REAL"...

By the way, I didn't say anything at all that resembles "This game sucks".
And it was not nitpicking - it was a valid comment that would enhance the game.

NPK

Bench
Changing the ball type and putting in better faces don't affect gameplay.

But, what I am talking about would affect gameplay. As it is, ball carriers can run straight through defenders, (not evading them, but straight through them) which is wrong. Markers can run straight through the player who just played the ball to tackle the dummy half. The halfback can run through scrums (which gives him an advantage over the defenders because he is taking a shortcut)

These are some examples of cases where the gameplay is affected.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
wat pisses me off is when i get a hattrick and it sez "and he gets a double" and then when i get quad-trick it sez "thats the hatrick for.."

i dont care though, but since every1 was nit-picking............

NIT-PICKING IS THE MOST DISCUSTING WORD EVER NEVER USE IT AGAIN!!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Bring back the collisions with the goalposts!!! I loved running players into them on the old ARL games, and the sounds they made!! ok sure it was annoying when you were gonna score a try or get back into the field of play but it was funny dammit!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rockn

Juniors
Yeah I avoided the goal posts at first, thinking it was just like ARL96 :roll: but now I just run like Forest...

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
i hope its included in the next version because it would be fun if u run the length of the field and a player is chasing u and u get forced into the posts and lose the ball it would be heaps fun

bartman

Immortal
Actually, wouldn't it be more fun if the other team made a break, you chased them into the posts, and THEY dropped it?

Latest posts