What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

happy bday fred!

strewth_mate

Bench
lol, I think foster, mcdonald, west and milton are still there. Didn't know Mr Mac taught chemistry as well - I suppose though people thought he usually seemed too drunk to teach much of anything :lol:

personally I had Regent for maths, Gilmore for chemistry, Moulton for music, Clack for engrish and Faraday for german. Oh and if you ever had Boyd for principal while you were there, I heard a rumour that he left his wife for his boyfriend... though I doubt anyone would be surprised :sarcasm:

Frederick

Staff member
I saw Mrs Foster at the Junction not long ago, had a bit of a chat to her. Last saw Mrs West in my shop sometime late last year. Also see Mr Dan, Mr Sajko, and Mr (Dr) Boyd quite a bit too. I've also seen Mrs Borri in my shop a few times...she only taught me like twice in 6 years at that school, but remembered me...f**k she's a funny one :lol:

Also spotted: Mrs Clack at Waratah Village recently :p

Oh and Mrs Biddleston (library assistant...I think that's her name :?) and her husband come into my shop quite regularly too :p

strewth_mate

Bench
I consider it a work of genius that we had a Borri and a Grogan at the same school :lol:

And I'm hardly surprised that Mrs West should find herself in your shop, though I'd expect to see Ruggers a fair bit too, and Mr Mac coming in daily to get a couple of cartons...

Oh and spotted Farquharson a while back too, still looks remarkably like a turtle. An awesome turtle. Oh dear, I seem to have turned a thread about a special occasion into a reminiscing about high school teachers :lol:

Frederick

Staff member
:lol: Reminiscing is good :p
That school had so many awesome, yet completely useless, teachers :lol:
I saw Mr Burke shopping at Marketown Bi-Lo a whiles back (back when it was a BiLo )

astrogirl

First Grade
Without being too mean, Mr Mc was hilarious. One day he struggled to spell the word gas. And yet I passed both chem amd physics!

Mr Farquaarson used to get in trouble from Mr Wright for taking too long at orienteering.

I've never met Mr Boyd! The principal was Mr Ebert when I was there. Mr Davies still there? He used to teach tech drawing when Mr Maroney was away.

I agree, reminiscing is fun :D

Frederick

Staff member
astrogirl said:
Mr Davies still there? He used to teach tech drawing when Mr Maroney was away.
Nah, Mr Davies left a couple of years after we started.

strewth_mate

Bench
Without being too mean, Mr Mc was hilarious. One day he struggled to spell the word gas. And yet I passed both chem amd physics!

I remember once we were just listening to him teaching, then suddenly he walked up to the board and while he continued to talk normally, wrote in huge letters 'Jenny and Caroline are playing boxes' and waited for them to notice. That was awesome. I don't think we could have had a better year supervisor tbh.

Mr Wright used to make people stand in the bin if they were disruptive, IIRC. And it's a shame about Mr Davies, he really seemed to like his job and the students. Was always more interested and capable than some of the people that followed... Nola or mushroom head eh Fred? :crazy: Bev once stopped us using the music rooms to practice in the day before our HSC performances, which is just ridiculous.

Lol, and Mr Lund as well. Goddammit, wish I hadn't have brought this up :lol:

Frederick

Staff member
If i recall correctly
strewth_mate said:
Bev once stopped us using the music rooms to practice in the day before our HSC performances, which is just ridiculous.
I remember one day when Rob and I had a free period, we went out to our groups spot on the back fields, and for some reason rob was looking inside the bin there. Then he looks behind it, and says "Hey, there's a bottle of coke here."

So, being rob, he picked it up. When he picked it up, we saw murky water, and a hose coming out the bottom of it. Rob announces at the top of his voice "It's not coke, it's a BONG". Just as he says that, Peattie and Mr Harrison walk right by him, while he's holding it up in the air. They take no notice and keep walking :lol:

Latest posts