What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Birthday

greg

Juniors
Thanks Girvie, not many clubs can boast 98 birthdays. Yours isn't too far away either.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
birthd_003sm2.gif
Happy Birthday Newtown!

Now who is the oldest? Glebe or Newtown? Hmmmmmm :?

Manfred Moore

Juniors
I thought you'd like that nbb being the type who appreciates the traditions, stories and memorabilia associated with our great game.

That website is actually a great read on many aspects of league in its heyday.

Speaking of which check this out. As the article says 'Everyone likes Manfred'

http://rl1908.com/Rugby-League-News/manfred.htm

Even in the 70's Singo, Gibbo and the Frank were trying their best to keep the club a step ahead. How popular was the Jet Set Lounge back then!!!

But overall its a bittersweet reminder of the treachery in the years to come.

There is much irony dripping throughout this whole article!!!!

MFred

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Yes uncle Manfred you be right on the money there!, that I do. Tradition all the way (with LBJ of course!). Yes the days described in that piece were truly halcyon (did I spell that right?) Like the flush and flurry of 1981, great days indeed and I dont think I would be alone in saying that a little of that was definately felt in 2005!

98 today! Great days indeed!

brendothejet

First Grade
I'll play my 50th game for newtown this year and as long as I don't break anything I'll play my 100th in 08. That will be a special day :D