What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardest Off Season Ever

Eels Dude

Coach
Just wondering if this was a good thing. We seem to be picking up a lot of niggling injuries to a lot of our players early in the season. Perhaps Kearney has worked the players hard to the point where they've picked up these little injuries due to the high intensity training regime. It's not as unlikely as some people may think. Perhaps the players were overworked in the off season training that their bodies aren't holding up at the start of the season.

eel01s

Bench
Don't be so soft. Of course they need to be flogged in the off season. The players need to be as fit as possible to sustain 26 rounds (plus finals) of footy.

We aren't competing atm because we simply aren't good enough.

i was going to say we are always slow starters but i think this year we will play like this a lot due to lack of quality.

Kornstar

Coach
i was going to say we are always slow starters but i think this year we will play like this a lot due to lack of quality.

Which we can all accept, but when the effort doesn't seem there, it is hard to take these losses!

We shut down Thurston and Bowen enough to beat a decent Cowboys side, so there is some ability there, can't keep using the "bad squad" line.